• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for any extra gold fingers people have

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkmonte

Hi, looking to buy anyone's extra gold fingers. I'd like to pay around $60-70 per pound. If anyone has a steady source, I could buy 1-2 lbs every few weeks.

I'm not confident enough for toll refining, so right now i'd like to just purchase the fingers. Thanks.

Ken

Toll refining offers you a safety net as well as a way to learn with minimum risk. Straight out purchasing ties up money as well as the risk involved.

I know but in case I mess up, I don't want the responsibility of messing up someone else's gold. Like woodworking, etc. I'll work on my house (because if i mess up, it's my own house), but until I consider myself an expert at something, I don't want to risk messing up on someone else. :) So that is why i prefer to just buy the materials, everyone wins, they get money, i get to play and learn and get better at refining fingers.

expert at refining? might as well relax because this is going to be a long ride. :lol: theres guys on here that have refined for fourty+ years and still learn new tricks. we do have quite a few members that would qualify as experts but most are too modest to say so about themselves.

Still looking to buy gold fingers people have, offering $60/pound + shipping. Could also trade working computer parts, RAM, (laptop and desktop) and hard drives (SSD and regular). Thanks
Ken

If I had two pounds of decent gold fingers that yielded 1.8 grams per pound,
then with a little effort, some chemicals, supplies and this forum then
I could get 3.6 grams of gold powder. If gold is $1,475 a pound and I
have .1158 ounces of gold powder (3.6gr / 31.1 gr per oz), then I should
have $170.74 worth of gold powder.

What you are asking the forum members to do is basically sell you $170.74
worth of gold in the raw form of two pounds of gold fingers for $120.00.
Perhaps that could make sense to some who have easy access to escrap
but don't want to play with chemicals or pay the ebay / paypal fees
by selling them on ebay.

Perhaps someone will sell their $20 bill to you for $14.05 or their $100 bill
for $70.25 or even their $170.74 bill for $120.00 but the lack of response
may have something to do with this simple math.

Not trying to be a jerk but I am sure it will come off that way.
Sorry but this is the cold hard truth.

Sure your math is correct (well except for you saying that gold is 1475/pound, i'll buy a pound of gold from you for $1475!!!) , but it differs from my results and math. Like I've said in other posts, i'm no expert, I've processed about 7 pounds of fingers now, and I definitely do not average 1.8 grams per pound. I average closer to 1.1 to 1.2 grams per pound. I bought a few pounds from members on here, I processed a pound myself (cutting them, etc), and i bought the rest of off ebay.

And yes, I'm not an idiot, i'm not asking someone to sell me their $20 bill for $15. This post was more targetted (like you said) towards the e-scrapers that don't want to play with acids, or who live in the communities where they can't/won't.

Unlike other people on ebay, I will not pay $100 for a pound of gold fingers that I might get $70 worth of gold for. If I wanted to spend $100 and get gold, I would buy $100 worth of already processed gold and save the work, etc.

My math (simplified) in case you were wondering:

1473 / 31 = $47.50 per gram

60 / 47.50 = 1.26 grams per pound of fingers (this is what i'm hoping to beat but i'm not planning on it).

My last part of my post was that I have brand new computer parts, SSD's, notebook hard drives, RAM, etc. that I would be willing to trade for fingers. Of course I wouldn't expect a dollar for dollar on the trade so that would go in someones favor as well.

Sucks when you try not to come across as a jerk, and then make mistakes in your post...

When I had my last refinery, I saw fingers that ranged from around $50/lb to $350/lb (only once), with most of them running in the $100/lb ballpark. Since I was using cyanide to strip them, I got essentially all of the gold. There are several variables involved: How well the fingers are trimmed, the spacing of the fingers, the gold thickness, etc.

Back