• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I want an aspirator pump

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeinkaty

Anybody got one to sell? I'm thinking cheap here and one that works. If the pump part works I can fabricate the rest. Would be nice if it had a vacuum guage that worked. All I want it for is to speed up the cement filtering. Also need to get a 1500 or 2000ml Buchner flask with seal.

Mike

Are you looking for the basic plastic water operated type? I think I have a few left in my garage somewhere. They are the kind used to fill and empty water beds.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Are you looking for the basic plastic water operated type? I think I have a few left in my garage somewhere. They are the kind used to fill and empty water beds.

I don't know?? Will it pull a vacuum on a Buchner funnel sufficient to speed up the filtering? And how much $.

Steve

Yes, they will provide a decent vacuum. You must have a continuous flow of water to hold the vacuum, I used them with a drill pump with recirculating setup in a five gallon bucket with great results.

Email me for pricing.

asp.jpg

Steve

lazersteve said:
Yes, they will provide a decent vacuum. You must have a continuous flow of water to hold the vacuum, I used them with a drill pump with recirculating setup in a five gallon bucket with great results.

Email me for pricing.

Steve

No, coudln't use that type. No way to deal with the water. I've found several vacuum pumps on ebay at a pretty descent price. I'll see if I can pic one of those up.

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Mike

call a medical supply shop that distributes O2 concentrator they have some good pumps in the that are Al so they won'y be affected by the NOX gas.

I get all mine from a scrapper that gets them from the trash.

good pumps and if you destroy one you don't feel the pain.

Eric

https://www.google.com/search?q=OXYGEN+CONCENTRATORS&hl=en&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=H15HUZT4G8LOyAGL3ID4BA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=653

With the type in the photo all you need is a single five gallon bucket of water. One end of a short water hose goes in the water and connects to the inlet of an electric drill powered pump. The exit of the pump connects to the aspirator then drains back into the five gallon bucket of water. The system is a closed loop and requires about 3 gallons of water to operate continuously.

Drill Pump

659647911684lg.jpg

You can find them at any hardware or automotive store.

Steve

i have some medical oxygen aspirator pumps? i dont know if they will work or not, but make me an offer. they are at a friends house, ill grab them tonight. they kind of look like these: http://www.nwsmedical.com/photographs/111230-2838-23.jpg

pm me ill send pics when i can. i have 3 i can let go for cheap. they are stainless oxy regs with the aspirator attachment, and i think one or 2 other things.

cheers! -Ian

I bought a new HVAC pump for $70 off ebay last year and it's still running great. I use 10W-30 motor oil in mine without a problem.

Palladium said:
I bought a new HVAC pump for $70 off ebay last year and it's still running great. I use 10W-30 motor oil in mine without a problem.
I filtered a AgNo3 solution today. I don't know what was in that sterling but the black stuff really plugged the filter(s). I had dissolved 25 ounces of Sterling that was all table ware stuff (no jewelry). The vacuum pump didn't speed up the filtering much at all. Earlier, filtering cemented mud, it was like Whoosh, and the funnel was emptied. I added the filter papers to my pile.

Mike

Did you pre-wet the filter paper and if so what with?

Its best to let solutions settle and then decant the top portion off and run it through the filter first. This will lead to faster filter because the sediments have settled in the bottom of the beaker. After you run the first 90% of the liquid through the filter then you can add the remaining bit which will still clog the filter, but you don't have near as much to filter at that point.

Palladium said:
Did you pre-wet the filter paper and if so what with?

Its best to let solutions settle and then decant the top portion off and run it through the filter first. This will lead to faster filter because the sediments have settled in the bottom of the beaker. After you run the first 90% of the liquid through the filter then you can add the remaining bit which will still clog the filter, but you don't have near as much to filter at that point.

I give them a couple+ squirts of distilled water from my spray bottle.

Yeah, I learned pretty quick to decant the top liquid off first. That's why I like grainey cement - it settles quick!

Today I plunked a funnel full of filtered (vacuumed) cement into my corning ware and it stayed a round chunk, like a big hockey puck. That got me to wondering what would happen if that 'puck' was put in a hydraulic ram and compressed with about 10,000 psi.

I don't know why I'm doing electrolysis. Hell (oops - Heck) I'm getting bars with crystal patterns just from the cement. I'll use like 1/2 gallon or more of boiling dw to rinse 10 ozt of cement. This is the cement I harvest first. The first 80% harvested makes the crystal patterns. The last 20% harvests do not. Those always goes through electrolysis. (80/20 is just an estimate) The last cement harvested is usually a darker color. The first is a real pretty very light grey color. Got one bar tonight that looked like a hologram (from electrolysis crystals). Dazzling to look at. I'm not stamping those.

Hey, couple of days ago I was examining some dried crystals and I found 1 crystal (only 1) that was either copper or gold colored. After finding it I checked the entire batch and didn't find any more. Haven't seen anymore and am still using the same electrolyte. That was when I was running 3 amps max at about 1.5 volts.

Mike

Back