• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

socket 771 xeons

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronix

hey everyone, im looking for hopefully a pair of 3 ghx quad core xeon socket 771 processors. if anyone has a stash of the pinless intel processors, there may be some in with the mix if there has been server scrap. I plan on building a good workhorse for running virtual machines. also, if anyone has fully buffered ecc ram DDR2 667 MHz, I need 6 sticks all over 2 gigs, preferably 4. ( im going for 24 gigs total, 6 x 4 gig sticks, with hopefully 2 x 3 ghz quad core xeons hehe)

well, come at me with a price, and shipping details. I also need one more heatsink with a fan for the socket 771 if anyone has one. I can also do barter, I have lots of parts, and a bit of poundage of ram.

cheers! -Ian

Yeah I was planing on running esxi.

The motherboard I have is a super micro x7dal-e. I found it in a pallet of crap PC's and servers I was buying. I paid $0.35 per lb on all the material so think I did alright.

I'm running 2 western digital 15k 150 gig hdds in a raid as well for performance. I will most likely put my gets 250 in it as well. I'm sure I can find a use for the cuda cores :)

But if anyone can find me the parts I need I would be super happy. I can either trade stuff or pay cash. I'm just hoping to avoid eBay's prices as they do tend to be inflated.

-Ian

Back