• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

C.M. Hoke Refining Precious Metal Wastes hard cover

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srlaulis

If anyone has a hard cover copy of C.M. Hoke Refining Precious Metal Wastes that they would be willing to sell, please let me know. I am going to re-read the book, and this time, I would like to be able to do it with a little more ease. The first time, I used my laptop, tablet and Kindle fire. I have grown tired of scrolling, batteries dying and cords. This time around, and future times around, I would like the simplicity of a book. The cheapest new copy I have found online is $83 plus $4 shipping. I was wondering if anyone else on the forum had a less expensive one available before I buy.

Thanks!

Steven

Find someone who wants to recycle an old laser printer and get it for free.
Most of the ones I have picked up can be made to print long enough to spit
out a readable copy of Hoke's book on paper.

Connect the free printer to your PC or notebook and then use up the remaining toner
printing the online version of the book and then recycle the printer. 8)

Buzz,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Another member recommended Gesswein to me as well. Their price with shipping is the best I have seen so far. I think I will go with them, unless something better comes up between now and tomorrow. :p

Thanks Buzz!

Steven

I thought about giving the PDF to my local print shop and have them print it this weekend but they were closed. I wonder what they would charge? (.07 a page)
I do like the thought of having the hard cover book though.

drtyTshrt,

I don't know which pdf file you were considering having printed. I just posted a printer friendly version about a week ago in the Books section. The link in my signature line will take you to the post. It will only take half as many pages as the original digital copy available here on the forum. The finished page size is the same as the 2003 hard cover book.

Dave

I just listed a Hokes in the for sale or trade column. It's like new, I'm not going to be refining any more so letting go. $30.00 about half what I paid for it. Thanks.

FrugalRefiner said:
drtyTshrt,

I don't know which pdf file you were considering having printed. I just posted a printer friendly version about a week ago in the Books section. The link in my signature line will take you to the post. It will only take half as many pages as the original digital copy available here on the forum. The finished page size is the same as the 2003 hard cover book.

Dave
Thanks I will compare the two files. My print guy quoted seven cents a page so maybe your file will save me a dollar or two.
I would have loved to got to the two books jimmydolittle had but I just started checking the sell&trade/wanted sections. I have been hanging out in the knowledge parts of the forum.

If you have access to a laser printer you can print it out yourself for just a few dollars. The file is 190 pages and is printed on both sides of each sheet of paper, so you'll use 95 sheets of paper and print 190 pages. If you have an inkjet printer, it will depend on the cost of ink cartridges and how many pages they will print. It may be cheaper to have your print guy run it off for you.

It can be punched and put into a half-page size 3 ring binder, or other binding of your choice.

Dave

I did exactly what every one here is saying, I printed it out and I hole punched each page and inserted it into a small hard cover binder.

Attachments

• 2013-04-13 01.49.14.jpg
    2013-04-13 01.49.14.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
  • 2013-04-13 01.48.42.jpg
    2013-04-13 01.48.42.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 284
FrugalRefiner said:

Just wait until you see what I'm working on....to put it mildly, I'm a major glutton for punishment. Hope to be able to post by the end of the month (yeah it's that slow, or rather I am).

Rusty

Back