• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Want to buy some "gold dust"

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBracha

I am an artist working in fused glass and I am looking to test the use of gold dust in-between layers of fused glass that will be melted in a kiln at 1400 degrees.

I am expecting that it will remain shiny and give a unique look to the finished pieces.

I don't know where to find the gold dust, I am in California not near any Alaska mining facilities where I assume it would be quite easy to buy a small quantity to test.

If you could point me to someone who could sell this I would be most appreciative.

You could email me at: [ignore the spaces, keeping spammers bots from sucking up my email address] phones @ dock . net

I don't know how you are going to try and do this yet, all i can do is supply the powder, but it got me to wondering if their is another way to apply it besides powder form.

Guys ?????

TheBracha said:
I am an artist working in fused glass and I am looking to test the use of gold dust in-between layers of fused glass that will be melted in a kiln at 1400 degrees.

I am expecting that it will remain shiny and give a unique look to the finished pieces.

I don't know where to find the gold dust, I am in California not near any Alaska mining facilities where I assume it would be quite easy to buy a small quantity to test.

If you could point me to someone who could sell this I would be most appreciative.

You could email me at: [ignore the spaces, keeping spammers bots from sucking up my email address] phones @ dock . net

Gold melts at 1850 degree's F., you might try the gold ceramic paints or get into cranberry glass which is made by adding gold(III) oxide

Goldsilverpro is our resident expert on gold leaf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranberry_glass

Attachments

• 220px-Vintage_cranberry_glass.jpg
    220px-Vintage_cranberry_glass.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 273
Hi there, sorry to hijack this thread.

im also keen to buy some gold dust. (24kt)

would it be better to order from overseas or just buy a 1grm 999 gold bar and file it?
anyway im in Singapore.... no mines or other natural resources....

How fine do you want the dust? I can give you some 24K dust in the form of gold precipitate, nice yellow crystals - ultra fine. Or some electrowon dust. We also get alot of gold dust from the mountains... Either way

Back