• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for chip

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericrm

i want to buy nsbridge (the green fiber with black top type) ,no other chip for the moment
pm me with offer and your asking price

chip with the black top unvolontary exploded are not a probleme if there is only a few of them

Photo 065.jpgPhoto 064.jpg

just to bring my post up and showing how to make a paypal invoice for those who wish to sell me material

how to make a paypal invoice

open your paypal account
on top of the page you will see:
My Account Send Money Create an Invoice
click on create an invoice

just under you will have request money and create an invoice
click on create an invoice

in the new page

send to (you will wrote my paypal account)
Item name/ID just wrote electronic parts
date use today date
Quantity wrote 1
Unit price mark the total money

once thing are done click send at bottom of the page

when i receive it i will pay it than you will be able to print the shipping label witch will give you a shipping rebate (bonus)

Ericrm , Of course i am wondering why you only want these chips, so i was wondering if you are going to do a batch of only North south bridges ? and if you will share your yields results and the method used.

regards scm

squarecoinman said:
Ericrm , Of course i am wondering why you only want these chips, so i was wondering if you are going to do a batch of only North south bridges ? and if you will share your yields results and the method used.

regards scm
because just like with finger getting good with one material is better than being medium with 50 of them. its my starting point
yes indeed, i want to make not just one but many batch of those chip
and no i will not share my method and yield

squarecoinman said:

regards scm

It is no secret, as to an effective method to process these chips. Furthermore, you can also get good yield data from Patnor. He has an ebook that lays out a detailed method for processing those chips, along with yield information. Patnor's methods and yield data are very reliable, so long as you don't deviate too far from his methodology.

srlaulis said:
squarecoinman said:

regards scm

It is no secret, as to an effective method to process these chips. Furthermore, you can also get good yield data from Patnor. He has an ebook that lays out a detailed method for processing those chips, along with yield information. Patnor's methods and yield data are very reliable, so long as you don't deviate too far from his methodology.

Srlaulis , I have patnors book and like his method, I was just wondering about the yield date for NSbridges since Ericrm only wanted these chips.
so i hoped he would collect enough bridges to have more data on the bridges.

Thanks for your answer
scm

I trash these often. Forgive me if it is in your post, but I do not see a price that you are willing to pay for each one. I must evaluate the time it takes to remove them as part of my cost before I can decide if it is worth selling them to you. Currently I trash them.

VERY IMPORTANT

if you ship to me use USPS only, NO EXCEPTION, if you use something else (like ups) i will have unimaginable fees at my door. fee that will make it not worth my time whatever how many pounds of material you shipped.

thank youanti ups.jpg

Sorry if this is just too simple but what exactly is nsbridge? I haven't heard this term applied to an IC package but that appears to be whet you are talking about. I have a degree in electronics and have been an electronics assembler but this name isn't in my mental dictionary and a search in this forum and admittedly a brief search of the WWW hasn't helped.

That said, i have seen the chips you describe but cannot recall what pieces of equipment they may be common in.

Maybe they are too ubiquitous to talk about, I don't know. I will look at my stuff to screen for these specific packages.

Thanks all!

ericrm said:
i want to buy nsbridge (the green fiber with black top type) ,no other chip for the moment
pm me with offer and your asking price

chip with the black top unvolontary exploded are not a probleme if there is only a few of them

they are most often found on mother board (north and south bridge), some graphic card, they are fairly common on board just not in big number.

Thanks for a great job of explaining!

I have a dozen or so socket 7 motherboards and have stripped one or two, pulling the gold from the connectors, tantalum caps, and I forget what else...

It appears that some are so old they don't have these chips with the gold "corner". I also see mine are ceramic on top of fiber and not on pins through the board. I think they will peel off nicely. I figure I may have 20-30of these between motherboards and graphics and maybe other boards.

Hey, just found a Cyrix 486 66MHz ceramic! I also have 6 0r 7 Cyrix CPUs with gold top and bottom loose and whatever, mostly early day Pentium CPUs from the motherboards that are a mix of types from gold top and bottom to fiber with maybe only the pins with gold.

Would you want to buy any of those?

I got more stuff but need to post a thread with pics of all the stuff... sans these chips if we come to a deal.

Edit to add, These components are from my being an ISP for 6 years, 1995-2001 so are pretty much manufactured between the late 80s to 2000.

Thanks TheAnt

ericrm said:
they are most often found on mother board (north and south bridge), some graphic card, they are fairly common on board just not in big number.

I sold some to ericrm The deal whent perfect he was vary helpful walking me though the paypal process. Ill definatly do more bussiness with him agine

squarecoinman said:
srlaulis said:
squarecoinman said:

regards scm

Srlaulis , I have patnors book and like his method, I was just wondering about the yield date for NSbridges since Ericrm only wanted these chips.
so i hoped he would collect enough bridges to have more data on the bridges.

Thanks for your answer
scm

Method used on s/n bridge only and yield data are already in my thread for a couple of months.

gubni said:
I trash these often. Forgive me if it is in your post, but I do not see a price that you are willing to pay for each one. I must evaluate the time it takes to remove them as part of my cost before I can decide if it is worth selling them to you. Currently I trash them.

This is prime example of what not to do when you want to recover or refine. First you have to learn about what to do. Then you can make money.
You Sir currently trash the most valuable item from whole motherboard.
Serious buyer will downgrade your boards if you remove just this one chip from them.

patnor1011 said:
gubni said:
I trash these often. .

You Sir currently trash the most valuable item from whole motherboard.
Serious buyer will downgrade your boards if you remove just this one chip from them.

You got that right Pat - its been awhile since I processed any of these but if memory serves me right its around 5 - 6 grams Au per lb - & thats just from the wires in the black epoxy top & doesn't include the gold plating in the green fiber - & yes when I buy boards if I see these are removed I down grade the board by a lot --- just how much depends on what else is left on the board

Kurt

Back