• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Electronic/computer plastics

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joem

Hello all
In your travels online and offline have you come across a plastics recycler that will take Electronic/computer plastics in or servicing Canada.

Joem make a bricks from it. Or offer it to companies who make concrete, they may use it shredded as thermal insulation and in making light concrete stuff.

alexxx said:
In Quebec you can sell your weee plastic between 0.06 and 0.15 a pound depending on color, type of polymer and if it is clean of contaminants such as metals, dirt, etc...
To who? oh and Alexxx I had a pick up for you from my niece in Laval, but her boss paid someone $300 to removed e-waste.

joem said:
alexxx said:
In Quebec you can sell your weee plastic between 0.06 and 0.15 a pound depending on color, type of polymer and if it is clean of contaminants such as metals, dirt, etc...
To who? oh and Alexxx I had a pick up for you from my niece in Laval, but her boss paid someone $300 to removed e-waste.

Feel free to hit me up anytime if you have any pick up leads, I will give you 25% of my profit.
1 514 965 five five five five

Ge ep or Si ms probably took the load... :evil:

For the plastic, I usually buy clean ABS at the following prices (no steel, no screws, no trash of any kind) :
white : 0.08 / lb
black : 0.07 / lb
mix colored : 0.06 / lb

needs to be balled or into gaylord boxes (gaylords are not really good since shipping will kill you)

You can check with EDI, I believe they will buy it at a fair price (they are very nice people to deal with).

FC M, E-c ycle , Ge ep and Si ms will buy it too, but it's always better not to feed to big boys in my opinion. They have enough of the pie + their prices are not the best ones around. I always prefer to sell at a lower price instead of selling to them...

Or you can check for a local ABS pipes manufacturer, they will be able to pay you up to 200 a ton if 100% clean (many of them also take it in a shredded form). If shredded you will fit way more material into a box to save on shipping and its easier to remove ferrous components with a magnet.

cheers,

Alex

I'd be interested in your inquiries Joem let me know how you make out. I've got quotes from several companies all over Ontario including edi and haven't found anyone worth supplying. I have very little overhead and at times a few thousand lbs of mixed plastics at any given time. Unless you have the space to sort/warehouse and equipment to grind it's a losing battle, but then again it could be I'm just not talking to the right people. Good luck

AS my asks I need gaylords of plastic removed. You can even take it away for free if you can handle it on a regular basis. There is no manufacturing in Ottawa of plastics, all recyclables are exported out of the city. For the load I contacted ericm but he could not make it and gave me your (alexxx) name. But by the time I was going to contact you ( the same day) I was told the load was gone. For that price I could have drove the two hours and still made a great profit.

Back