• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking to purchase E-waste/Scrap silver :)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonwebb

Hello! Mason here, I'm up in canada looking to buy some scrap at non eBay prices lol. I figured here would be the place, people here are honest and know the true value of their scrap. Not like eBay where the word GOLD SCRAP CPU drives the price up insane!

-I will buy anything expect hard drives, lcd/crt monitors and CPUs' (I don't have the equipment for it)
-I'm not to familiar with prices outside of eBay, Ill most likely use a scrap buying website as a reference.
-So you can post here or PM me!
-I would really like some cell phones', or gold plated circuits (easiest for a beginner)

Really looking foreword to building some good relationships on the forum! :)

Mason,
You seem to be a nice guy, but why would someone sell you scrap for less than the open market is willing to pay for it? I understand the some prices on eBay are crazy, but that is just the nature of the beast. People over pay and under pay for items at auctions all the time, it's nothing new, and is not just limited to the gold scrap side of it. There are people out there that are paying above market prices on stuff, willing to stockpile it and wait for the next big surge in prices to resell at a margin. Happens all the time. I'm not saying that no one here will be willing to sell you scrap for less, but good luck!

There are tons of websites willing to purchase scrap like http://therefiningcompany.com/. Most of them usually pay the same rates, and that is what I was willing to pay. I would assume people sell to those company's, or else they wouldn't be there. eBay's prices are over inflated and leave little to no room for profit.

masonwebb said:
There are tons of websites willing to purchase scrap like http://therefiningcompany.com/. Most of them usually pay the same rates, and that is what I was willing to pay. I would assume people sell to those company's, or else they wouldn't be there. eBay's prices are over inflated and leave little to no room for profit.

All very good observations. The only thing is, here, it's already well-known that ebay is the place to offload excess material because of the high prices. You are competing against that knowledge. Why would they sell to you and take money from their pockets? You have created demand in the absence of a supply. Instead, you should peruse the items that members are looking to offload, supply in search of demand. You'll be happier with the prices.

Andy,
Believe it or not, there are some members on this forum that would sacrifice a few extra bucks by selling on EBay to help another forum member out. Lazersteve is a prime example.

Steven

Masonwebb,
Not all on this forum worship Dollars over helping people. I have actually found the majority of the members that I care to follow, believe as I do.
I see you are in Canada, but I'm unsure of the geographics of your location. Contact " Joem " from the forum, as he has several low cost fundraisers where he is raising money for a Disney Trip for his kids. I have purchased from him for this very reason.

Me and Joe actually live very close to each other, we were talking not too long ago actually. I will send him an email, thanks for the reminder! :p

Back