• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need legitimate gold/silver broker in Peru/Ecuador/S America

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isisblu

I live in S America and no longer feel comfortable with my bars in a vault overseas in Europe or Asia. I want to liquidate and repurchase small denominations 1oz and 250gr and 500gr LBMA or equal on the continent where I live. I will also purchase some coins in case tshtf, but mostly need bars, certified, assayed, numbered. I know Brinks is in S America, but not Viamat..... I have searched and searched for a brokerage, or central bank gold/silver sales, or ANY legit way to purchase. It is uncanny to me that here are countries sitting on a mountain of gold, and yet no legit system for buying, storing or taking possession, without risking being scammed or worse...I would really be thankfull if some of the more experienced members have any leads on legitimate Brokers/ dealers in S America (especially Peru or Ecuador....Colombia possibly). Hardly anyone here buys gold/silver, and the majority are happy with plastic and paper money? Don't they remember that the Spanish thought gold was cool enough to commit genocide over? Don't they hear about the Chinese lining up to buy? Why are reputable places to buy and hold gold, ABSENT in countries that produce so much of it???? S America is so rich yet so poor. Selling out the Amazon to Chinese and Canadian miners, yet only giving the local people access to funny money. Are they really that flouridated by the salt( salt is required to be flouridated in much of S America)? Really I am serious about wanting me and my gold to be in the same continent/country. And I would kinda like to live to see it. Can any of you seasoned members help me. No wise cracks please, I am not going to move away from S America, and so I have to figure this out ...not just for me but for many expats living here. Is this the right forum for such questions?

Isisblu,

Nothing you have stated here makes much sense to me, if you live in these countries, then you know how corruption rules in these countries, where even the governments are corrupt.

If you have your gold in other country's that you trust to hold your gold, why not go there and make your deal with them?

As I said, I want delivery, I am living here, does me no good to have my gold in a vault overseas when I have no ability to travel there and get it. I want it ON the same place I abide. Just trying to flush out legitimate sources.....I study and read and know the illusion of safety exists in some countries, but are you saying there is a country that is not subject to what happened in Cypress, or that the Canadian Banks have not legalized bail ins, which they have. I do not trust Coldman Sachs and the banking cartel as far as I can spit. The illusion that the uS, Canada and Europe are safe no longer captivates my belief system. Singapore is good, the best financial center in the world.... and I already use it as well as switzerland, but too far away. Just trying to flush out legit leads near my home, not trying to make others understand why I want to do so. BTW what govt is not corrupt? Thanks, Isisblu.

Maybe you could try the " Gold Trading Forum" instead of the ""Gold "Refining" Forum"" where we talk about refining gold and not dealing with sales or trades of gold.

Hi Isisblu.
When I read your post I began thinking about the Cayman Islands. Their banks appear to be secure and much of americas wealth goes thru there. It's closer to you than europe or asia, and per-haps a good place to start looking.
If you have your gold stored there, they should know the most secure way to transport to your location as you need it.
Good luck artart47

p.s. I was also thinking, It's a long shot,but you could check organizations like the catholic church and who they use to move wealth in your area.

As a south american (born in Brazil),i sugest Uruguay----is is used as a safe place for money and precious metals markets-----and ,is very near to equador,peru----chile, argentine ,brazil-----

regards
Arthur kierski

Hi,

I as well as many people in this forum can sell to you. You can buy in the USA or pretty much anywhere with physical stock and have it shipped to anywhere in the world using Brinks, Viamat, Malca Amit, Transvalue, Proval, Wackenhut/G4S, etc.. etc.. etc...

The reason gold is not commonly sold in places like latin america is because many places charge you sales tax for buying the gold, and others simply prohibit individuals from trading it.

You can fly to Panama and buy bars from Credicorp and rent a box nearby to store it. Not a smart investment but doable. I also know of a similar service in Honduras, etc.. etc.. etc...

Back