• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking to buy scrap gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonwebb

Hey everyone, Im looking to buy some scrap gold jewellery or silver bars. I would like to keep the purchase under 200$ I wan't to try my hand at refining.
Just PM me with what you have and what you would like for it!

Thanks

I have a we buy gold store so can supply you as much as needed. I can sell you $200 at a time at spot price including shipping. Sorry but I don't sell when spot is less than $1300. I could still sell to you now, but you would be paying a little over spot price. It will go way above $1300 in a few weeks.

gubni said:
I have a we buy gold store so can supply you as much as needed. I can sell you $200 at a time at spot price including shipping. Sorry but I don't sell when spot is less than $1300. I could still sell to you now, but you would be paying a little over spot price. It will go way above $1300 in a few weeks.

Really? This makes me laugh :lol:
I'm sure there are tons of people here who will sell at spot price or above. How do you know it will go above $1300 in a few weeks?
How many people here are getting spot for their gold?

bigjohn said:
gubni said:

I'm sure there are tons of people here who will sell at spot price or above. How do you know it will go above $1300 in a few weeks?

I get spot all the time. I sell to a local jeweler for whom I do some refining. I do sometimes have to wait til he needs some gold to sell it to him though.

denim said:
bigjohn said:
gubni said:

I get spot all the time. I sell to a local jeweler for whom I do some refining. I do sometimes have to wait til he needs some gold to sell it to him though.
Lol, the difference between supply seeking demand and demand seeking supply!

AndyWilliams said:
denim said:
bigjohn said:
gubni said:

Lol, the difference between supply seeking demand and demand seeking supply!

Im sure there are several members here who have pure gold they are willing to sell for 95%-98%. Why not buy from them the quantity you want, mix it with copper to make whatever karat you want and refine from there? Atleast this way you know exactly how much gold you should get back when you refine it, that is atleast, if you buy from a reputable member. This might seem like alot of work but i would rather not pay 100%+, just me.

Im sure there are several members here who have pure gold they are willing to sell for 95%-98%. Why not buy from them the quantity you want, mix it with copper to make whatever karat you want and refine from there? Atleast this way you know exactly how much gold you should get back when you refine it, that is atleast, if you buy from a reputable member. This might seem like alot of work but i would rather not pay 100%+, just me.
That was my whole point. He wants to buy scrap gold to refine. Who would pay spot or better for scrap gold.

As I stated spot is now well over $1300. Right now it is $1340.90

If you want to buy scrap gold I will sell to you at 98% of spot times purity.

Back