• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

want to hire....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herzander

hello im new here and I am collecting scrap computer gold of all sorts and am in need of someone to do all the steps needed to refine/assay/melt etc to my scraps to turn it all into nuggets/buttons.

can anyone help me out here or point me towards someone that can help me out with this??? kind of like a 'toll refiner; or something.

thank you!!! this forum rocks

herzander said:
hello im new here and I am collecting scrap computer gold of all sorts and am in need of someone to do all the steps needed to refine/assay/melt etc to my scraps to turn it all into nuggets/buttons.

can anyone help me out here or point me towards someone that can help me out with this??? kind of like a 'toll refiner; or something.

thank you!!! this forum rocks

A location may help, and the amount of material you have.

Jim

Unless you get really large amounts of scrap, like a truck load at a time, you'll mostly be doing it as a hobby. E-scrap has very, very small amounts of precious metals in them.

You can make some extra money, if you get the scrap cheap enough or free.

What I do is extract the low hanging fruit to refine for myself, (the gold fingers on cards, ram, etc.), then sort and sell the rest to places like has been mentioned boardsort.com or cashforcomputerscrap.com. There are others online, don't think I'm recommending one over another, shop around, some will take small quantities, some won't.

And also if you want local help we need to know approximately where you are. (Which has also been mentioned.) There might be a member close enough to you to help out, or at least make shipping cheap.

Back