• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nitric acid in So CA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose7802

Supporting Member
Hi guys I live in the So Cal area and I am looking for a local nitric supplier if anyone knows of one or would be willing to sell/split a good size purchase of some. Please let me know thanks fellow members.

Tyler

Hey Moose,
You might have some luck looking at the Gold prospector supply stores.
I usually drive to Sacramento to get mine from Sierra Chemical Company. They are carry mining supplies.
Here's their website;
http://www.sierrachemicalcompany.com/

They might be able to recommend a local supplier if you call them.

I found a place about 45 min away from me called Gallade. $46 for a gallon of %70 HNO3. Now I just need to find someone who wants to go in an a 55 gallon drum. I just wouldn't use it fast enough to justify buying it by myself. Thanks Niteliteone for the advise.

Tyler

Not a problem Moose.
After all, we are rookie refiners helping one another :lol:
When I get mine, I buy a 165 lb keg (about 15 gallons) for $216 from Sierra Chemical, so check and see if your local supplier is able to get that size.

So back to this. Anyone in the So Cal area that would want to go in on a drum of nitric or want to sell me 15 gallons. It seems as though the offer I received awhile back is no longer standing so I need to find a new source. Thank you for your time

Tyler

A member of the forum has kindly guided me in the direction of a supplier near me. I will not be needing someone to help me with this. Thanks again GRF it's always nice to meet another honest trustworthy member

Tyler

Tyler you should have asked, there's a place in LA called a-z janitorial services on 7th and hill it's $20 a gallon 4i believe 67 % HNO3
now I know you said you didn't need this but I'm curious about your connection I would like to purchase a few gallons from. You if possable

Just check Yellow Pages for "chemical supply", you should find at least one local lab.

I would be willing to help you out. I pick up a 100# carboy at a time now and I just picked one up a few weeks ago. PM for a price and you will need a stainless sealable container.

Tyler

Thank tyler
Wow 100# carboy
I guess your not managing the golf course anymore :lol:

Auggie tried the yellow page thing,
In california you have to be a business ,with businesses checks ,with a reason to purchase (im sure for most members thats not a problem) for me i dont do checks or credit cards but i was going to print a couple checks with my bank account Info and a fictitious business name for this reason

I did find an actual chem supply and they asked $60.00 /liter :shock:
Just a bit to much

God i wish. Chemlab was still around
Thanks steyr223 rob

Back