• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Computer Scrap Buyer in The UK

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siliconsy

Hi, does anyone know of a decent computer scrap buyer in the UK who pays via PayPal?
I'm not looking to shift tonnes of the stuff just a few kilos of cpu's and a stack of ram, a few times year.
Cheers for taking the time to read, help is greatly appreciated.
Simon

I see your asking about buyers in the UK but you haven't given your location which would help.
Small quantities are always popular with board members as many find it hard to source material to work on so post some pictures and see if you get a response, if the buyer is fairly local he can collect and pay you there and then saving you money and probably them. If you had serious amounts I could suggest a few names but it's either a collector who then sells on or a home refiner who will be most interested in your scrap in my opinion and the chances are you will get better offers of home refiners than anyone else, failing that you could have the scrap toll refined on an agreed basis.

Cheers for the reply nickvc, I posted in sell/trade yesterday with some pictures but haven't had any responses but I've added my location to the my profile so hopefully that will help. I'm new to this and wasn't sure just how popular home refining in the UK was, I Googled refining services in the UK and got a few useful results but I'm a little anxious about sending my collection away while not really knowing what the service costs will be (probably unfairly sceptical and would be happier if I'd done it before). It doesn't help that I wasn't going to sell until I had a larger amount however it's that time of year again!

Simon
I'd provide the pictures again and be patient someone would love that scrap to play with over Christmas or in the new year I'm sure but again many are busy preparing for the holidays.

Now that's what I call an around win, seller moved his goods to another member at a fair price in good time and everyone's smiling 8)

Back