• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gold Flakes Wanted

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegaswinner

Hi All

I'm after a cash trade for some natural out of the ground gold flakes to practice panning. A few grams should be plenty. Ideally similar size to what I could expect to find if I was panning a low yielding UK stream. Pm me....cheers.

Look up a member by the name of Snowdog, he has some old tailings from Alaska that has free gold in it. Perfect for panning. He was selling sample lots for not much.

make yourself some lead flakes to practice panning, lead is a bit less dense than gold but heavier that most anything else you will be panning, so if you can keep the lead in your pan you will have no problem panning gold.

Vegas winner,

Butcher is spot on.That's the same way I teach someone to pan and the way I was taught to set up my high banker. Using 8 and 12 size lead shot. Flatten them just a bit and the 8's should be in the rib mat and the 12's in the first few sets of riffles. I use five of each size. It's a lot of fun teaching someone to separate the lead from the blacksand and other heavies.
There is a place in Alaska "Felix's pay dirt" they sell some really nice concentrate if you want to go that route.

Good luck,

John

Back