• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted an Alpha Mirage Specific Gravity Scale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAB3Group

If anyone has a Alpha Mirage Specific Gravity Scale they would like to part with, please PM me with the specifics, ha get it?? :-( pretty sad, a little PM hummor there.

RAB,

I have two of them, both the older model and the newer model. Alpha Mirage makes two sizes, a smaller and larger scale. I have the larger scale and have made a "group buy" for a bunch of friends several years ago. Make sure you get the correct weight for calabrating the scale. Except to pay over $2,000 plus the weight. Well worth it and is accurate to about 1% on solid masses over about 20 Grams. Weigh in the Air, drop in water underneath, push a button and it tells a close gold purity. Several different settings for Au or Cu biased golds alloys. Using the scale & XRF sure makes it difficult to make a bad buy. I use mine several times everyday and would not sell them. I am at home and don't have the model numbers in front of me. The latest machine has an optional tape printer..

Dan

Back