• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a working CPU

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rewalston

I'm looking for a working LGA 1156 processor for a new system that I'm building (hopefully faster). I have everything but the processor but they seem to be rather on the 'must save for months' side of my wallet. Any ideas?

Rusty

If you know any serious PC gamers, check with them. Many of them keep the latest and hottest thing out, and most will let go of their older stuff fairly reasonable. I have picked up several pieces for myself this way from a buddy of mine.

silversaddle1 said:
On E-bay there from 25 bucks and up. What speed are you looking for?

I checked E-bay but some of the descriptions I saw left a lot to be desired. I couldn't tell from the descriptions if they were selling CPUs or the trays. Some mentioned both. I'm looking for something like Core i5 660(3.33G,L2:4M, IGPU,rev.C2,73W) though the speed doesn't necessarily need to be that high, but that was an example I pulled from the specs.

My Daughter picked up a brand new I-5 off of Amazon for $127 with free shipping. Might give them a look to see what they have.

Rusty

Can you post a pic of what you are looking for - I am more of a scrap guy then a parts guy - I have a ton of stuff & am going to be picking up a truck & trailer of stuff Monday - If I happen to have what you are looking for I would be more then glad to see you get it

Kurt

kurtak said:
Rusty

Can you post a pic of what you are looking for - I am more of a scrap guy then a parts guy - I have a ton of stuff & am going to be picking up a truck & trailer of stuff Monday - If I happen to have what you are looking for I would be more then glad to see you get it

Kurt

Kurt, from what I can tell the attached pictures should be front and back. Thanks

Rusty

Attachments

• ClickHandler.ashx2.jpg
    ClickHandler.ashx2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 118
  • ClickHandler.ashx.jpg
    ClickHandler.ashx.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 118
Ok - so they are the pinless (which is what I thought just wasn't sure)

I have some DUAL - CORE & some CORE 2 DUO & one CORE 2 QUAD in my stash right now

Monday I am picking up a truck & trailer load of stuff from a computer shop so we see what might in in there

Kurt

See how there is a row of gold dots on the top that goes all the way across? That is the easiest way to ID an 1156. On the 1155 the row goes about 3/4 the way. I recently bought an I7 1156 for less than $100 on ebay. CPUs don't wear out and rarely go bad.

Back