• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Eimer and amend catalog

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenic123

I have started reading C. M Hoke and I came across this book named eimer and amend catalog. I searched on this forum but couldn't find it. Anyone have a soft copy or pdf file?? Thank you

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the pdf file. I also noticed on hoke's book its written as "Eimer and Amend Catalogue No. 19656". Which catalogue is that?? Do you have that catalogue too??
That would be very useful for refrence,. Thank you

finding this will be tough if not impossible.

the one i uploaded is 75 years old, you may want to check out the stamp in the upper right corner

"hint hint"

necromancer said:

the one i uploaded is 75 years old, you may want to check out the stamp in the upper right corner

"hint hint"

Thank you very much for the reply. The other link you gave me is still confusing. I am still unable to track the different Catalogue No. like 19656 and other which is listed in C.M hoke books. Just Couldn't find it. The last catalog number which I saw is 7200 which is on page 556. Its all in the series from 1 to 7200 something.

If your looking for laboratory equipment you may well do better searching newer catalogues or using the net to search for local chemical and laboratory suppliers.

Arsenic,

Perhaps I don't understand why you need a copy of this catalog. Hoke's book was written in 1940, nearly 75 years ago. Any references she makes to items numbers in her book, are likewise, references to item numbers in use 75 years ago.

In most cases, Hoke also provided images of the items she discusses, so by looking at the pictures, you can figure out what the items are.

If there are specific items you are unsure about, you might have better luck by asking about those particular items here on the forum, rather than trying to find an antiquated catalog.

Dave

necromancer said:

"hint hint"

The E-book version of the catalog is available through Google at no cost. :mrgreen:

Denizens might find this version very useful:

http://books.google.com/books/download/Illustrated_catalogue_of_assay_and_metal.pdf?id=_QtZAAAAYAAJ

Thank you very much for the reply guys. The reason I was asking about the catalogue is that I wanted to study by looking at each and every item so to understand in depth. I know it also has many pictures in the book itself but I thought to go by the books by not only reading but also by looking at various pictures. Anyways if I am confused on anything I will definitely ask you guys. Thank you very much for the help and suggestions.

Irons said:
Denizens might find this version very useful:

http://books.google.com/books/download/Illustrated_catalogue_of_assay_and_metal.pdf?id=_QtZAAAAYAAJ

By the way I am unable to view this book. I tried Google play books but cant get that book in search option there. Here is the actual link which is free. Than you for the name. This should serve the purpose.

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nyp.33433089969947;skin=mobile#page/6/mode/1up

Much laboratory equipment is still the same now as when Miss Hoke wrote her fantastic book, I'd suggest using the Internet to search for items you are interested in or don't understand what they are.
If its only for reasearch purposes to get you aquatinted to the various items try searching Chemical and Laboratory Supplies, they are a UK based supplier but I think they have an online catalogue with upto date prices, they will seem a little pricey compared to Miss Hoke,s day!

May I say it's nice to see new members doing their own homework and going in depth to fully understand the various aspects needed to succeed, well done.

Edited for compliment 8)

nickvc said:
Much laboratory equipment is still the same now as when Miss Hoke wrote her fantastic book, I'd suggest using the Internet to search for items you are interested in or don't understand what they are.
If its only for reasearch purposes to get you aquatinted to the various items try searching Chemical and Laboratory Supplies, they are a UK based supplier but I think they have an online catalogue with upto date prices, they will seem a little pricey compared to Miss Hoke,s day!

May I say it's nice to see new members doing their own homework and going in depth to fully understand the various aspects needed to succeed, well done.

Edited for compliment 8)

Yes. It is just as you thought. Its only needed to get familiar with the items. Yes I am actually doing my homework because I have read in so many places many people are asking new comers to read Hoke's book before asking so I just thought to read it like in depth with all the pictures and all. Thank you for the compliment :)

By the way if I see Chemical and Laboratory Supplies of UK based will the catalogue number would be same as written in hokes book? I am saying that because I want to go ahead by looking at items as and when they appeared to fully understand it. Thank you once again for the reply.

Back