• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB lithium ion laptop batteries

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topher_osAUrus

Title says it all, I dont really need a huge amount of them (sorry silversaddle, Im sure you have 15 gaylords of them.. :) ), just wanting to salvage the cells from them for a few projects.

They (battery packs as a whole) don't need to work (again, just after the innards)
I don't care what make or model, so long as they are lithium and not ni-cad.

Not even sure what to offer for them, I suppose that does depend on the make/model since some will have a few cells some will have 8 or 10. Some will be 2000mAh rated, some higher

Most of the old batteries that wont hold a charge have a couple cells that have gone bad and are being parasitic to the rest, but that doesn't mean I do not want them.

Whats fair?, few bucks a battery? I cover shipping.? You want to barter? (I like to, too!) Books, work? what?
You tell me.

post on here, or message me. I can send you my number and we can talk numbers, or whatever.

Old tool batteries (again, Li only) hold my interest too (even more so, since they are rated higher discharge rates than laptop)

Dear mods, sorry this isnt PM related. Can we pretend I am recovering the gold on the battery connectors? :twisted:

I have seen people on Youtube buying them for a buck or two each. I honestly don't know a fair price, as all of mine have been free.

I do know that I have 200 - 300 good cells, and have had at least that many that were bad. So you should probably count on having the same average. I simply keep any that are over 2.5 volts when I dismantle them, or very close to that number. If they get hot during charging, then those go with the bad ones. Some when you open them you don't even want to touch, let alone test.

Nope, just sold 1800 pounds of them two weeks ago. But, I did get a couple of Li-ion packs from a Segway. Maybe those would work for you.

silversaddle1 said:
Nope, just sold 1800 pounds of them two weeks ago. But, I did get a couple of Li-ion packs from a Segway. Maybe those would work for you.

Actually that sounds pretty interesting.

One of the projects is going to be replacing the bulky lead acid cell in my sons' power wheel vehicles with lithium cells.

Those segway batteries probably have a much better rating for that type of load than regular laptop cells.

Have any idea what you may want for them?

silversaddle1 said:

Now there's something I have not gotten in yet...a Segway. Did it have an odometer?

Topher_osAUrus said:
silversaddle1 said:

Actually that sounds pretty interesting.

One of the projects is going to be replacing the bulky lead acid cell in my sons' power wheel vehicles with lithium cells.

Those segway batteries probably have a much better rating for that type of load than regular laptop cells.

Have any idea what you may want for them?

$1.50 a pound + shipping

Their documentation on the batteries says it is 22.7lbs, is this accurate? And there is a couple of them you say?
If so, I would buy them from you. (So long as they arent like 227 lbs each, then my wife may murder me :oops: )

I will send you a PM to get your paypal address and I can send that to you in a couple days. Or if you would prefer a money order, I can get one and mail it to you. Up to you good sir.

Thank you!

edit to add a bit of text so I didnt seem like such an idiot

Topher_osAUrus said:
Their documentation on the batteries says it is 22.7lbs, is this accurate? And there is a couple of them you say?
If so, I would buy them from you. (So long as they arent like 227 lbs each, then my wife may murder me :oops: )

I will send you a PM to get your paypal address and I can send that to you in a couple days. Or if you would prefer a money order, I can get one and mail it to you. Up to you good sir.

Thank you!

Let me weigh them up. I'll take payment in silver.

silversaddle1 said:
Topher_osAUrus said:

Thank you!

Let me weigh them up. I'll take payment in silver.

Well, besides your silver from mylars, I only have my silver chloride waste stream. So, depending on how much that ends up being after conversion, melt, then cell (hard to tell how much it will end up being, since it has other junk mixed in at the moment), I may not have enough to cover the cost of the batteries and shipping.

So, I guess I need to add to this first post

WTB some scrap silver too!
because there hasnt been a garage or estate sale I've been to with any sterling for sale, in quite awhile.

Back