• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where to buy gold buttons / bars

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hauger

Okay, I've tried gold recovering and refining and really enjoy it, but it's time consuming. If I wanted to buy a hand poured gold bar refined by guys like us, where would I look to do that? I've tried Ebay and Google and haven't had much luck, and even if I do find something the price people want is usually too high. I'm judging by the fact I can get a pressed 99.999% gold bar directly from a mint for about 10% over spot (which would be much easier to resell).

Anyway, if anyone can point me in a direction, that would be great.

Thanks,

If you have refined your own stuff before, then get some more material and send it to a guy like me.
That can be cheaper than buying one on ebay for sure! (and never know if its just one REAL pretty drop bar or not til its too late)
I send back metal or cash to clients, whatever they want.

Equal valid option. Guess I was hoping with the amateur refiners out there that there'd be a market for selling their end result but doesn't seem to be the case

What are you looking to pay for refined Gold ? I'm not sure what the current situation in Canada is, but around here I can sell my refined Gold for 100% of spot price, so maybe Spot + 10% is not bad for minted rounds.

hauger said:
Equal valid option. Guess I was hoping with the amateur refiners out there that there'd be a market for selling their end result but doesn't seem to be the case

Sometimes there ends up being a nugget on the for sale section of the forum, but its usually very close to spot. The first year I refined I only got 92-96% depending on how much I had. Now is a much different story from then though.

Hi Hauger!
I think I've got per-haps 8-10 grams of once-refined gold powder somewhere. I usually wait till I collect an ounce or two before I run it again and sell it.
If you're interested, I could get it ready for you. I usually get spot price and pick up the shipping.
Art
edit. I just noticed you are in Canada, Don't know if shipping is more? may have to work something out on that.

hauger said:
Okay, I've tried gold recovering and refining and really enjoy it, but it's time consuming. If I wanted to buy a hand poured gold bar refined by guys like us, where would I look to do that? I've tried Ebay and Google and haven't had much luck, and even if I do find something the price people want is usually too high. I'm judging by the fact I can get a pressed 99.999% gold bar directly from a mint for about 10% over spot (which would be much easier to resell).

Anyway, if anyone can point me in a direction, that would be great.

Thanks,

hello
are you still interested in purchase of Gold Bar

Sam

Back