Pentium Pro

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palladium

Had a customer send me a 11.6 lb sample of crushed gold cap PP ( 60 ) for a test run. The customer had already reduced the material before i got it. I used a 5 gallon paint strainer, held it in a dry 5 gallon bucket, and shook it to remove the fine stuff which is about a lbs or so. Here's some pics but this is from a phone because my digital camera is on the fritz right now. :cry: I'll have some yield info in a day or two

Attachments

• 120818_269.jpg
    120818_269.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 120818_268.jpg
    120818_268.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 120818_267.jpg
    120818_267.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 120818_266.jpg
    120818_266.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 120818_265.jpg
    120818_265.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 437
Nice project Ralph

My guess would be at 19.2 grams (assuming they were milled complete) :roll:

Hey Ralph,
I'll say about 21g in 60 PP 's my overall average for them is 0.35g/lb, but I've never processed 60 at once! I'd say your biggest battle is the copper tungsten heatsinks, I like to run them whole in nitric untill the heatsink falls off then process in AR. That way I dont wonder if values are cementing out.

i get on average , about .45g per. i figured 65 is an ounce when i do them. im sure Palladium has more experience than i do so he should get the same or better. id say closer to 27g for all of them. that is if the costumer didnt remove the lids for keepsakes or something crazy like that.

Huh, you are all wrong! I happen to know they have 1+ grams per processor. Dont believe it? Look it up on the internet, or i can send the PDF. to your inbox!! In fact, im pretty sure i read it on an auction on EBAY!!! :mrgreen:

its-all-a-lie said:
Huh, you are all wrong! I happen to know they have 1+ grams per processor. Dont believe it? Look it up on the internet, or i can send the PDF. to your inbox!! In fact, im pretty sure i read it on an auction on EBAY!!! :mrgreen:

In that case I will send you 60 pentium pros and you can keep whatever you get over the 60 grams and I will also pay you a 50% commission for your time and effort :lol: :lol:
PM me if we have a deal

And the jury is in. Drum roll please............... 18.2 Grams. About .3 Grams per chip. Retail value of one Pentium Pro in gold content at 100% payout $15.80. Poor ebay buyers! :shock:

Thank you for sharing this yield data and others for confirming it.
There are always these yield discussions popping up on the PP very 2 weeks.
I would say that 0,3g-0,35g/piece is a rock solid average yield.

its-all-a-lie said:

"Quotes found on the internet aren't always accurate"
-Abraham Lincoln

I always thought it was Ale Gore that thought up the internet. :lol: :lol: I will have to pay better attention to my history. :lol:

"Quotes found on the internet aren't always accurate"
-Abraham Lincoln[/quote]

Eric

Back