cell phone boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlb63

when i put my cell phone board in the Aqua regia what should i expect to see after the gold has been removed.

kevinlb63 said:
when i put my cell phone board in the Aqua regia what should i expect to see after the gold has been removed.

You should not put whole cell phone boards in aqua regia. You should expect a mess if you do.
You need to study the forum before you do anything.

Jim

The gold from 1 cell phone is so small that it will likely get lost in the shuffle, especially if you don't know what you're doing, which seems to be the case.

How many hours have you spent searching the forum for information on how to do this. It's all there.

last month i sent off 200 boards and got back 1.100.00 the the check was for 19 grams of gold from the 200 boards so i thought i could do it my self and make more than that.

like you state "The refiner is always the last liar." i think there is more money to be made if you do it yourself.

kevinlb63 said:
last month i sent off 200 boards and got back 1.100.00 the the check was for 19 grams of gold from the 200 boards so i thought i could do it my self and make more than that.

I highly doubt that. What type of phones were they?
Can you post pictures of the ones you have now if they are similar?

Jim

mostly motorola lg just about all makes the gold on all cell phones is 18k or better i acid check all my boards i have been recycling 20 years but have just got into
gold recycling back in 2010 to now

kevinlb63 said:

theres no way that happened.according to all the yield data ive been able to find, it takes closer to 2,000 cellphones (boards and chips) to make an ounce of gold. 200 cellphones should yield a third maybe 3g. without the components, less than that.

"The refiner is always the last liar." the mccs you get your palladium your ics youy get more gold each phone has 3.50 to 400+ worth of gold that is at the price of gold today. you looking at old prices

kevinlb63 said:
"The refiner is always the last liar." the mccs you get your palladium your ics youy get more gold each phone has 3.50 to 400+ worth of gold that is at the price of gold today. you looking at old prices

Where did you find your info?
A Youtube video?

Jim

im not talking dollar value, im talking metal weight. the dollar value can change, but weight will remain the same. theres just not that much in a cellphone. i just did a lot and even though im getting the last little amounts of metal from the spent solutions, i can promise you from my own experience that the numbers you are reporting is false.

i just checked again and was right!! there is a average of .034+ grams of gold in each cell phone and that ant counting the ic chips 15 boards would = .51+ gram or 1/2+ of a gram. 13.3 times that = 6.5+ grams per 200 phones plus with the ic chips and mcc,s would get me right on the money. you data might be right! but plus the ic chip and other gold in the phone it comes out very close i know what the check was for and it was for $1.100.00 just like jim says the refiner will lie over and over 200 good cell phones got me 1.100.00 but next time it might be less but not to much less. the price of gold is not every going to be less than 1700 a oz. and cell phones and all gold plated e scrap is worth big money.

Was your sale for 200 cell phones or for 200 cell phone boards? If you had 200 cell phones, I suppose it is not unreasonable to get 5 bucks each for working phones. If it was for cell phone boards,,, you gotta let us all know who the buyer is.

Back