"Armored Chips"

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fever

I have a good surplus of what I call "Armored Chips" that I routinely yank out of cell phones. They definitely have gold in them, as you can see it underneath the perimeter of the surface plate. I'm curious as to the best method of tackling these critters. Should I crush them and do the usual stepped digestions, or is there a better way? I'm slowly but surely accumulating a good number of these.

Can you help me out here Steve?

Fever

Attachments

• dcp_1787 (594 x 396).jpg
    dcp_1787 (594 x 396).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 152
Fever,
You have got an assortment of crystals here and a few cpus here. The crystals don't have much gold if any. They are nickel plated shells and may have gold, silver, or palladium connecting wires (very small). The gold and ceramic cpu near the middle of the photo is most likely the largest concentration of gold in the photo. These items only have trace amounts of gold. Your energy would be better spent accumulating fingers, cpus, headers, and the like. This way you get more precious metals for you efforts. Pitch all this kind of stuff into a box until you have several pounds of it, then it may yield enough to warrant processing.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I don't intend on processing these anytime soon, but I am sorting them and stowing them as you stated for later. My main focus is indeed the high-yield that you mentioned. I'm just very thorough in what I sort, and I keep just about everything until I know exactly what I've got and if it has any precious metals value.

Yea, the tiny cpu's do have gold traces on the backside of the ceramic, and inside as well I'm sure. It will take alot of them to warrant processing, but I'm in it for the long haul..... :D

Fever

Back