First toll refining job!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose7802

Supporting Member
I just got my first toll refining material today from another member here. It is some pretty rich stuff all ceramic cpus. Can't wait to refine all this stuff for him, it's a good feeling to meet another honest member who trust's me to refine for him. Thanks again you know who you are.

Tyler

Attachments

• 20131121_132227.jpg
    20131121_132227.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 597
Well enjoy your first job and be correct as possible while your at it. 8)

PS. I know who you are doing the job for too! I can clearly remember the collection you've got their.

Now we'll sit back, open the popcorn and wait for the fireworks when you proudly tell him that he's got 3 grammes of gold *giggles kindly*

Hehe good luck with it Moose. 8) 8)

Not sure how to take that comment, but he will get every gram of gold I get back and I will get every gram of gold out of this. The person I am doing this for personally dropped the material off and trust's I will do him right. Not sure as to why you want to question my integrity or ethics. I will try to not let it bother me but I do pride myself on honesty and my word!

And as far as 3 grams total Au my notes show I should get anywhere between 18-23 grams. Possibly more as there are some pretty rich cpus I have not had the luxury of running yet and can't wait to see the yield on them.

Tyler

Platdigger said:
It was in fun I am sure. We have just seen how many of these things go.
Don't take it personal, as I am sure it was not meant like that.
I am convinced you will do a fine job.

Exactly mate. The dry humour that us Brits use is often misinterpreted by our colleagues in the states :lol:

Tyler get on a couple of Brit forums and I promise you that for the first few weeks you'll cringe mate 8)

But when you get the hang of it you'll be typing horrendous comments that people just laugh at!!!!

It's just a slightly different way of thinking.

Good luck with your toll mate I wish you all the best.

Jon

moose7802,
Relax were on your side,as friends, we all hope you do well in this adventure, for yourself and your customer, keep us posted on your progress, as it will be interesting, we'll sit back, open the popcorn and wait for the fireworks when you proudly tell him that he's got 3 grams of gold *giggles kindly*,or proudly hand him a heavy chunk of beautiful refined gold, that makes his jaw drop.

Something about curiosity and a cat? :twisted:
Good luck brother i can see your eager to learn.

Thanks guys. As far as the dry humor...let me put it this way, someone in a bar, you don't really know comes up to you and makes a comment that attacks your pride, your not going to respond to him, your just going to smile at him and say thanks? Yeah probably not and I don't care what side of the pond you are on. Now if one of my friends makes the same comment I would just make a smart*S's remark back. That being said I understand we are all supposed to be friends but I honestly don't know Jon from Adam so yeah I'm going to get a little up tight, but now that I understand what was meant by the comment it's alright.

I'm relaxed, actually I'm probably one of the most laid back kinda people you will meet, but pi** me off and you won't like what happens. But as I said I'm relaxed and as they say it's all good just don't like when I feel my character is being attacked. Jon if you ever come to this side of the pond and get out of that cold rainy gloom and want to get some rays in sunny SoCal I would buy ya a beer.

Tyler

moose7802 said:
Thanks guys. As far as the dry humor...let me put it this way, someone in a bar, you don't really know comes up to you and makes a comment that attacks your pride, your not going to respond to him, your just going to smile at him and say thanks? Yeah probably not and I don't care what side of the pond you are on. Now if one of my friends makes the same comment I would just make a smart*S's remark back. That being said I understand we are all supposed to be friends but I honestly don't know Jon from Adam so yeah I'm going to get a little up tight, but now that I understand what was meant by the comment it's alright.

I'm relaxed, actually I'm probably one of the most laid back kinda people you will meet, but pi** me off and you won't like what happens. But as I said I'm relaxed and as they say it's all good just don't like when I feel my character is being attacked. Jon if you ever come to this side of the pond and get out of that cold rainy gloom and want to get some rays in sunny SoCal I would buy ya a beer.

Tyler

You've got the right sense. Were the situations reversed, Jon would not have been as polite as you were about his comment.

Ouch! I'm not even sure how you can say that but hey- onwards and upwards.

How's that refining coming along Tyler, where you up to so far?

Actually almost done already just waiting for silver and lead to settle after diluting my AR solutions and adding sulfamic. Now all that's left is to clean up 3# of K6's that have a bunch of thermal grease on them. Will definitely post a pic of the nice button once I'm done.

Tyler

Well here it is all done 13.11 grams from 8# ceramic cpus. Have a very happy customer with the look of this button.

Attachments

• 20131124_174625.jpg
    20131124_174625.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 312
  • 20131124_174428.jpg
    20131124_174428.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 312
Looking good, and you are a lot faster on refining than I am. :mrgreen:

Thanks for refining publicly, it increases the confidence in toll refining again.

Göran

Back