Topher_osAUrus

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barren Realms 007

In Remembrance
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24618&p=260572&sid=8acf6dc4005d2318682023c1d6df6312#p260530

Topher_osAUrus said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
Topher_osAUrus said:
...there was a local guy who split a nitric order with me. Kept getting "sick". I have not heard from him in 3 weeks now, after repeated texts. Don't know if it was because of refining, or.. But, he was smelting alot I believe, and refining pgm's in his garage.

This should make you think about how much and what you post on and the accuracy of the information you post.

Such as?

Still waiting for a reply to my pm to you...?

I was referring more to the liabilty that you open yourself up for in doing such a thing as splitting the order of nitric with someone when you know they are not processing in the correct fashion. You have the guy's tel# since you said you have tried to text him. Have you tried to go over and check on him or call him to make sure he is ok?

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24618&p=260572&sid=8acf6dc4005d2318682023c1d6df6312#p260539

Topher_osAUrus said:
So forgive me, Jon and Barren, for thinking that this place was an open forum where people learn from one another in their experiences and mistakes. And not a place where only the infallible are able to make posts. I know both of you have made mistakes, and posted things incorrectly before, but it seems as of late, the only things you 2 post are criticisms and low blows.

Topher you have not been criticized every time you have said something wrong. I have only stated that you have a need to comment on most everything that is posted about. And seem to have a small chip on your shoulder when I say something about the amount of posting that you do. Which IMHO just creates a lot of clutter on the forum in some aspects.

You also seem to take a little laxable attitude in the way you address members of the forum such as the way you have done in your post to anachronism in the above post in the rude way that you ment for it to come across. Also addressing him as "a" or "A" in some of your replies to some of his posts shows a little lax of respect IMHO oponion as well.

I have the telephone numbers to most of the long time members here. But I don't take the freedom of calling them by their given name or calling them on the phone out of the blue just to talk. It's just not polite to do that IMHO.

I'm not trying to chastise you i'm just trying to make your realize what your posting looks like to others. This is not a detailed of a post that had intended but a have almost a 4 hour drive to Nashville today and need. to run.

Let me also say that you are coming a long way in your learning and hope it continues.

IMHO this post should have been a private message. Not very polite to target a fellow members publicly and indeed attempt to chastise him. And IMHO just picking up the phone and calling someone for the hell of it is a sign of respect as well as being polite. Guess it depends on how one was brought up! See ya B...

Tndavid said:
IMHO this post should have been a private message. Not very polite to target a fellow members publicly and indeed attempt to chastise him. And IMHO just picking up the phone and calling someone for the hell of it is a sign of respect as well as being polite. Guess it depends on how one was brought up! See ya B...

David. We have a saying in the UK for which you might have a similar one in the US. "What's good enough for the goose is good enough for the gander." i.e. If it's ok for someone to throw insults at people publicly then he has to be prepared to accept being told about it publicly . I'm many things but not a troll and I certainly don't feel the necessity to lower myself to insults when I'm losing a debate or unhappy with the way a discussion is going. If I ever did, then I hope someone would take the time to express their unhappiness because it isn't in keeping with the standards of the forum.

I would then take it on the chin (as has happened before) and get on with helping other refiners.

anachronism said:
Tndavid said:

David. We have a saying in the UK for which you might have a similar one in the US. "What's good enough for the goose is good enough for the gander." i.e. If it's ok for someone to throw insults at people publicly then he has to be prepared to accept being told about it publicly . I'm many things but not a troll and I certainly don't feel the necessity to lower myself to insults when I'm losing a debate or unhappy with the way a discussion is going. If I ever did, then I hope someone would take the time to express their unhappiness because it isn't in keeping with the standards of the forum.

I would then take it on the chin (as has happened before) and get on with helping other refiners.
Yes I am very familiar with the saying. In my reading and understanding it was tried to be resolved via pm. To no avail. In any case. This is a happy and helpful place. I know I'm new and probably don't even have the right to express my thoughts. I just sense a lot of frigidness. I know it must get overwhelming with all the "what do I do nows". Just don't comment. I read one post she the suggestion was made about a newbie section. Wonderful idea. And that in itself would cut the tension on this site in half. Let them/us take the tour and go from there. Maybe then you guys wouldn't get so frustrated. And as far as responding for instance calling you A. It's ridiculous to think that's disrespectful. Anyways I know my 2 cents isn't worth its weight in iron so I'll leave it there. Have a nice day .

There doesn't seem to be anything in this that would cause harm to someones reputation. Place don't cause it to be that way. It is a sign of ones character in how they respond to criticisms. If you lash out, you can look childish. If you ignore it, you can look weak. Just be sure of yourself and agree to disagree.

Back