Gold filled processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tndavid

Got another 150 grams of various gold filled I am in the process of incinerating and running. Already poured off 1st saturated solution and started fresh. This pic is during incineration and I'll post more as the steps are complete. Christmas came early as Daddy got a big box of nitric :D :D :D
20161121_150704.jpg
20161121_142803.jpg

So I finally received my ebay graphite mold from China. Emphasis on "finally". Recovered my Au and decided to try my mold out. The lil baby bar will get refined. I know I should have completed this task while the Au was in powdered form. Wasn't sure how the mold would react so didn't want my pretty 3x refined powder getting jacked up cause of a bad mold. Sorry for rambling. Anyways here she is. And I'm getting so so close. :roll:

20161123_192247.jpg
20161123_192316.jpg
20161123_192301.jpg
20161123_192357.jpg20161123_183029.jpg

autumnwillow said:
And now your mold is contaminated with impure Au. Not sure how to go with cleaning it. Heh
Well the mold is for silver, so don't reckon I'm hurting too bad. Thanks for the tip about keeping contaminates out of the mold.

To avoid pipes from forming in the mold when pouring pour Au, keep the flame at the mold then slowly turn off your flame while it is being directed to the mold.

Pipes form from rapid cooling. If you are able to do this successfully you will have a pure gold bar without a pipe.

I do believe you still want to make pure Ag bars. As for cleaning the mold, I'm not sure how to do it with graphite, check for graphite hardness and use the material next to its hardness. Scrub that material into the graphite mold with soap and water multiple times.

I'm only using steel molds btw. I would love to see your pure Au bar poured in a graphite mold.

Hey Autumn check out the gallery. Not anything to write home about but I'm trying. :|

Edit: Spelling Correction

Back