Next project: Inquart

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tndavid

Next lil project will be some karat gold inquarting. Parting with 2 or 3 Dil. Hno3 baths then aqua regia dissolution. Ahhhhh, I love my life. Will post pics of process on this thread with final yield hopefully in the coveted gallery section. Thank you guys for allowing me to learn and share my progress.
20161220_214216.jpg

So can we expect another bottomless pipe out of this run? :p
Or will our hero choke under the pressure and melt a dud? :eek:
Tune in next time for the dramatic conclusion to "Project: Inquart" :G

Now a word from our sponsors...

UncleBenBen said:
So can we expect another bottomless pipe out of this run? :p
Or will our hero choke under the pressure and melt a dud? :eek:
Tune in next time for the dramatic conclusion to "Project: Inquart" :G

Now a word from our sponsors...
Bahahaha. Love it. I literally spewed coke on my screen. Lol. Should be a lil over 20g, so we'll see. Hopefully no choking. Can't wait to get my new funnels and filters. Sho will help me out, as I am embarrassed to say, still newbie coffee filtering. And man does it take a bunch of filtering. :shock:

Thank you Jonn. And here's the mud. And it dried out really nice but unfortunately so did my acetylene tank. To be continued.....
20161222_231725.jpg

upcyclist said:
Looks good!

If you're going to do a second refine, you can do that before you refill your acetylene ;)
Or use LPG for melting and save your acetylene for welding.
LPG have a better BTU for melting, is much cheaper than acetylene and will run through most of the same kit, just have to make sure your fuel line will not degrade. with the alternate fuel.

A furnace would probably be cheaper per run than acetylene or LPG, but some of us don't have multiple tanks of fuels and multiple torches ;) When I buy a torch system, it's most likely going to be oxy/acetylene so I can use it for casting, smithing, and refining.

upcyclist said:
Looks good!

If you're going to do a second refine, you can do that before you refill your acetylene ;)
That's probably on my agenda for today. Gotta do some Christmas chores 1st. But we will have an end product by tonight. :D

justinhcase said:
upcyclist said:
Looks good!

Or use LPG for melting and save your acetylene for welding.
LPG have a better BTU for melting, is much cheaper than acetylene and will run through most of the same kit, just have to make sure your fuel line will not degrade. with the alternate fuel.
Yes another buddy just told me about lpg. That might go on my late Christmas list. :shock:

upcyclist said:
A furnace would probably be cheaper per run than acetylene or LPG, but some of us don't have multiple tanks of fuels and multiple torches ;) When I buy a torch system, it's most likely going to be oxy/acetylene so I can use it for casting, smithing, and refining.
mostly to do with quantity, small melts are very much cheaper and faster with a torch ,whereas larger melts need the furnace.
LPG and acetylene can run through the same kit as long as you have the right fuel hose,£30 a tank as apposed to £200.
I use HO, Ox/acetylene, Ox/Propane, Forced air Propane ,and two different natural air draw propane burner's most weeks.
Much like the right pen nib, having the right one for the job makes all the difference.

Meanwhile.... Trouble back at the Dave Cave.... :?

Arch nemesis Colloid has summoned a group of slime bags known as The Hydroxides to steal our hero's acetalene. :twisted:

Will Colloid succeed with his evil plan? Or will our Golden God melt in spite of this evil plot against him?

Tune in next time. Same gold time, same gold station...

UncleBenBen said:
upcyclist said:
Hey look, BenBen made eggnog! :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha! Can't stand the stuff, but how I do enjoy the ingredients! Four whole days off work and I'm going to make the most of it!

Have a great Christmas every body!
Bahahaha!! You are great man!! And a very merry Christmas to everyone..

Back