New to scraping/refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjewell

I was fortunate enough to start working with a manufacturer. They make small PCBs. I currently have access to scrap boards that are populated. I also have access to never used monolithic ceramic conductors and small 8 leg integrated circuts. I believe the conductors to contain palladium and silver and the circuit chips may contain a little gold.

I can also get left over rolls of lead (PB) free soldering wire and paste from the PCB assembly process.

My problem is I'm very limited in my knowledge of reclaiming the precious metals. Or the exact metals that these material contain. I'd like to just sell the scrap but I can't find any buyers in my region. (Middle of no where Canada)

I figure I can rack up a solid 50-100g of the MLCC each month. Only a few IC monthly. Quite alot of solder wire though and a little paste

So if you guys had the same accses, what would you do?

Look for some more.
I do not want to sound stupid but 50-100g of mlcc is very little. You look at like kilo a year and if you are lucky and they indeed are of noble metal variety you look at like 10-20 grams of pd and perhaps 100+g of silver a year. Solder wire and paste is more worth as it is so try to resale it too.

My first question would be who was this company working with before you came along and why did they decide to change vendors. Maybe there is not enough PM's in the scrap to make it worthwhile.

True the quantities are small and slow to accumulate.

As far as who they worked with before... His name was trash can and he put it all in landfills

Yep if you can get some scrap for free then sort it and keep it, ask around for any scrap that could have values and just keep saving it until it's worth either processing or make selling it worthwhile, it's all a bonus whatever you get and you may find enough other scrap to make it a really good bonus.

Back