What is this? New product after AR.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner lee

HI All,

I wonder what is this.
This white crystal is precipitated after i dissolve the ink cartridges flexible circuit in AR.
Adding SMB should have gold from the solution, but i get this product. It is something new for me.
Is any member experience this before?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170401_160403.jpg
    20170401_160403.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 157
A little extra SMB I drop. 100gram flex cable with around 20gram SMB. For excess nitric, I do drop by drop to avoid extra nitric, and few piece small urea to check if too much nitric left behind.

My step is:
- burn the flex cable in 700deg lab furnace.
- Put AR directly to the burning flex. HCL first, and drop by drop with nitric.
- Filter the AR, then put SMB water into hot AR. A little SMB water is left over night, and i add in some new SMB from the bottle.

The AR now is almost black color, when i pour out the AR, this white crystal turn yellow when expose to air, so, i put some water in and left until tomorrow for further 'investigation'.
Guess will need some time again to check what is this white crystal. May be too much SMB? 20 gram is too much? I do monitor the AR bubble when drop the SMB water, until the bubble become white in color, mean should be just nice.

This problem never happen before, like recover gold from CPU, heat the broken CPU in AR with all inside, then put SMB to drop out gold.

20 g SMB is enough to precipitate around 20 g of gold. Using too much can precipitate copper(I) chloride. Try to dissolve the crystals in HCl.

Göran

Back