New record around here anyway!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversaddle1

While I've been working on the railroad, my wife has managed to tear down 464 towers in 4 days! She's pretty fast at it but I never knew she could do that many a day. So now I have to sort all the boards, cut fingers off, sort processors, etc. I'm pretty happy as we needed the room as we have just cleaned out a storage space for a guy who started one of the first internet services in Omaha. He said it was a BB before going over to a web provider. Lots of old goodies in this load. Filled my 18 foot trailer right up!

I would say thats shes a keeper. Isn't it funny how our wives can impress us so much? Mine is a little girl, about 120 soaking wet, but I have seen her throw a 200 pound grill into the back of my truck. Great to hear you got that load tore down, looked like a lotttttttt of work. Take care.

Mike

I've got my wife trained to sniff out karat gold & sterling at yard and garage sales. She's a master at this.
And when she finds it her awesome negotiating skills kick in!

Wow!

464 in 4 days..
Thats 116 every day..
Assuming its an 8 hour work day
Thats 14.5 every hour
Or one every 4 minutes or so. Quite impressive!

....especially since I can't even get my wife empty the vacuum herself...

Nicely done wife of silversaddle. 8)

I just completed breaking down and sorting the 28 pallets of bliss seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/SmoothStoneMinistriesInternational/photos/a.327711967381976.1073741830.327578220728684/816860781800423/?type=3&theater

Um, it did take me longer than four days though. Silversadlle must have been cracking the whip!! :lol:

Back in the early 70s, when the gold plating wasn't any thicker than it is today, but did cover a lot more surface area, I knew an old man in LA that literally became a millionaire from gold scrap. He mainly bought connectors and other decent scrap from the many electronic surplus stores in the LA area. He, his wife, and his kids sat around after supper every night and disassembled and sorted the scrap. He took his scrap to a refiner a couple of times a month and watched it being run. He trusted no one.

Back