Inside the shop, Photos of the mess

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversaddle1

Well this is it, this is where all the electronics come to die. And as you can see, it's been more than busy. This is the general shop where we bring stuff in, tear it down, and then move the sorted stuff over to one of the two other buildings to be shipped out. We are just starting to catch up and I have been so cramped for room that the sort gaylords are stacked way over full. When we go to move them we will take the top layers off and stack in new gaylords. Yes, I hand stack the boards in the gaylords. You can get 30% more weight in each gaylord by hand stacking vs. tossing them in. Hopefully soon we can move them out. Oh, and then there's all the Cisco phones and hardware from the 40 story office building. Yeah, those 6 pallets are taking up a ton of room. Well enjoy the photos of my disaster area, don't call FEMA in on it! :D :D :D

Attachments

• DSC01872.JPG
    DSC01872.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 183
  • DSC01873.JPG
    DSC01873.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 183
  • DSC01875.JPG
    DSC01875.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 183
  • DSC01874.JPG
    DSC01874.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 183
What are the dimensions on this building again?

I'm going to keep my eye open for some shoehorns for you.

36 x 60! Not big enough. But to be fair, I do have some area for my silver saddle work, and storage of my band equipmet, etc. If I could move all that out, I'd be in much better shape.

Bigger than it looks.

That looks like a 30x30 area.

Honestly impressive how well organized it is. It's amazing to me how quickly this crap gets unruly.

I think it's really becoming clear how much I need a small forklift. I know you are using a skidsteer. I'm still moving everything by hand, and it really really slows you down.

Are the Union Pacific signs original porcelain signs?

We only use pallet jacks inside the shop. Everything comes in and goes out on pallets. It is so much easier to be able to move stuff around to get this over there around that if you know what I mean. Back in the day when a motherboard was a motherboard and they all went in one box, we had plenty of room, now, not so much. But it still works and we deal with it and keep the stuff flowing. All the UP signs are the real deal, either decal, painted, or porcelain. I collect anything Union Pacific. The only repro is the 3997 numberboard, I have the real one as well, but not in the shop! :)

Is that green piece, an old belt driven chop saw? I just got a call from one of my ISP's for multiple truck loads to be picked up. This place is always a workout, everything is in the basement :(

The green machine is a three ton punch press. We use it to crush hard drives in our mobil rig. We degauss and crush onsite. Works well and is very fast.

Latest posts

Back