Bundesbank pulls all stops to show Germans their gold is real

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmetal

Supporting Member
from Mining.com:

http://www.mining.com/web/bundesbank-pulls-stops-show-germans-gold-real/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-180411&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

This question is for you bullion experts. Those bars look extra long and extra heavy! What size bars (Kg) are they and at 100 bars each, what weight would those "Home Depot", consumer-grade, shelves be supposedly holding?

Enquiring minds want to know . . . :shock:

James

germany-brings-home-28bn-worth-gold-reserves-earlier-expected copy.jpg

5 high - 20 rows.jpg

Attachments

• Bundesbank pulls all stops to show Germans their gold is real _ MINING.com.pdf
    352.7 KB · Views: 4
Depends on when the gold was poured.

Usually they're LBMA bars (12.5 kg nominal) and the specifications are here

http://www.lbma.org.uk/assets/market/gdl/GD_Rules_15_Final%2020160512.pdf

That’s the gold the German government wanted back from France, Britain and the USA which they have had to wait some time for the physical delivery :shock:

Lou said:
Depends on when the gold was poured.

Usually they're LBMA bars (12.5 kg nominal) and the specifications are here

http://www.lbma.org.uk/assets/market/gdl/GD_Rules_15_Final%2020160512.pdf

Thanks for the link.

Interesting information.

Now I have to make sure that the GD bars I just poured are in spec.!

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

James

You can see a slight sag in the shelves and the supports look like 1/8" or 2.5mm. Also if you look at the design of the load bearing shelves, they are a different design than the caps on the top and that design difference and not knowing the thickness of the load bearing shelves may very well be all that's needed. Notice they weren't brave enough to stack those shelves full of gold...or not wealthy enough, either way.

cosmetal said:
what weight would those "Home Depot", consumer-grade, shelves be supposedly holding?

Enquiring minds want to know

Those are NOT the (cheap) Home Depot "consumer grade" shelves (made of "thin" sheet metal) they are "industrial" grade made of at least 5/64" & more likely 3/32" steel - also - if you look close - other then the very top shelf (not being used to stack gold bars on) you will see that running down the center of the shelving there is a V shaped "strong back" additional support spot welded to the bottom of the shelf

When looking at them from the end they look something like the pic - if they are 16 - 18 inch wide they will have one strong back - if they are 24 inch wide they will have two strong backs (the strong back may be a bit thinner - like 1/16" - 3/32" to accommodate the spot welding)

I know because I have shelving just like this (its still in storage in Wisconsin or I would take a pic of it) & it will take a tremendous amount of weight - I have stacked them "full" of things like the "old" (heavy) cast iron 20 horse power electric motors & cast iron engine blocks

I can "assure" you they will hold the 2,700 of gold stacked on them - they could easily hold another row of bars & maybe even 2 more rows - they went for an even 100 bars per shelf

Kurt

Attachments

• WP_20180413_06_39_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180413_06_39_31_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
kurtak said:
cosmetal said:
what weight would those "Home Depot", consumer-grade, shelves be supposedly holding?

Enquiring minds want to know

Those are NOT the (cheap) Home Depot "consumer grade" shelves (made of "thin" sheet metal) they are "industrial" grade made of at least 5/64" & more likely 3/32" steel - also - if you look close - other then the very top shelf (not being used to stack gold bars on) you will see that running down the center of the shelving there is a V shaped "strong back" additional support spot welded to the bottom of the shelf

When looking at them from the end they look something like the pic - if they are 16 - 18 inch wide they will have one strong back - if they are 24 inch wide they will have two strong backs (the strong back may be a bit thinner - like 1/16" - 3/32" to accommodate the spot welding)

I know because I have shelving just like this (its still in storage in Wisconsin or I would take a pic of it) & it will take a tremendous amount of weight - I have stacked them "full" of things like the "old" (heavy) cast iron 20 horse power electric motors & cast iron engine blocks

I can "assure" you they will hold the 2,700 of gold stacked on them - they could easily hold another row of bars & maybe even 2 more rows - they went for an even 100 bars per shelf

Kurt

Ok . . . ok! I get it.

So, at 27.5 lbs. each, the shelves are more than adequate to support 100 LBMA GD gold bars. :D

But, they're trying to convince the German people that their gold is "real" gold. After all, they're dealing with a nation's gold reserve! Sometimes, "perceived" value is as important as "real" value. Why not throw in a disco ball or two along with some strobe lights! 8)

Nah . . . now, I get it! :shock: They're using milspec shelves that look "Home Depot" to impart a sense of "vote for me and your garage could look like this too!" :shock:

The gold conspirators are everywhere! :x

James

If I did my math right (based on 27.5 kilo/bar) there should be about -----------

2,856,078,746 ozt in that vault

or - $ 3,391,591,912 @ $1,346.00/ozt

Which isn't really all that much when you think in terms of a countries economy

BUT --------

The gold conspirators are everywhere!

The real question is --- how much "paper" are they printing on the gold

As I have said/posted before -------

It's called "fraud"

What I mean is that if I had say 100 ozt of silver in my safe (vault) at say a spot price of $15/ozt I would have $1,500 in silver

But if I sold that 100 ozt to 10 people on paper at spot my silver would be worth $150/ozt or $15,000 to me for the 100 ozt sitting in my safe

Then - if one day 2 of the 10 people I sold paper to came and demanded the actual silver the first one would get his silver but the second guy would get an -"I am sorry but I don't have your silver I only have a piece of paper saying you have an interest in silver" (keep in mind that this guy does not want his "money" back - he wants his silver - because on paper that is what he bought)

He would then go to the authorities & report that I sold to him on paper (contract) 100 ozt silver but when he came for the silver I did not have the silver to give him

I would then find my self in the back of a police car hands cuffed behind my back on the way to jail for "fraud"

Now - multiply the above numbers by a few trillion --- then you have enough money to "bribe" the authorities (puppet's) into passing laws that exempt you & only you from fraud even though in principal that is what you are allowed to do & to do so with out limit

Its like a buddy of mine says - Kurt - if you want your gold & silver to be worth more you just need to have enough to be part of the "Criminal Elite" so you can sell it 10 time over on paper & be exempt from fraud

OK - that's my rant for this year

Kurt

One of the more recent frauds is getting you to invest in precious metal IRAs - they will even "give" you a "few" gold coins or "up to" $2,000 in silver - the amount of actual gold or silver they send of course depends on how much (more) money you shift into their IRA program

One thing is "for sure" - they are NEVER going to give you ALL the gold/silver equivalent to the dollars you put into their PM backed IRA --- they are going to give you back paper - AFTER - they have used it to MAKE several billion more on (years) of other investments

Kurt

anachronism said:
Lou said:
2700 X 400 = 1.08M ounces.

That's what we call an imperial ****ton of money. :lol:

Look at you playin it off all humble pie like...but we all know that that's what you got from your last lot of small socket motherboards?

Does the Bundesbank sell gold options? I thought that was more like what the private banks and financial institutes are doing.

Göran

cosmetal said:
from Mining.com:

http://www.mining.com/web/bundesbank-pulls-stops-show-germans-gold-real/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-180411&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

This question is for you bullion experts. Those bars look extra long and extra heavy! What size bars (Kg) are they and at 100 bars each, what weight would those "Home Depot", consumer-grade, shelves be supposedly holding?

Enquiring minds want to know . . . [emoji47]

James

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

They are not kilo bars. Those look like good delivery bars which would be 400 Troy ounces times 100 per shelf and converted to lbs equals

2742.8571 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back