layflat packaging bags

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patnor1011

I know this has not much in common with refining, however, I want to ask here as there is quite a lot of members from various parts of the world and with many experiences in different industries.
What I am looking for (unsuccessfully so far) is layflat bags for packaging. They are usually on a roll. While there is no problem to find polyethene bags right in my city the smallest size they offer is 1" which is still too wide for me. I am looking for something like 10mm wide something like cellophane bags used for individually wrapped drinking straws. They are an ideal size for what I want to use it for. Unfortunately, I simply can't find rolls of a bag with less than 1" which is no good for me.
Does anyone have any idea where they can be sourced?

patnor1011 said:
I know this has not much in common with refining, however, I want to ask here as there is quite a lot of members from various parts of the world and with many experiences in different industries.
What I am looking for (unsuccessfully so far) is layflat bags for packaging. They are usually on a roll. While there is no problem to find polyethene bags right in my city the smallest size they offer is 1" which is still too wide for me. I am looking for something like 10mm wide something like cellophane bags used for individually wrapped drinking straws. They are an ideal size for what I want to use it for. Unfortunately, I simply can't find rolls of a bag with less than 1" which is no good for me.
Does anyone have any idea where they can be sourced?

What about a vacuum sealer for food? They should come with a roll of cellophane that you can make your own bags with. You can make them any length, but I'm not sure about the width. After making them short as you want, you can cut it to width with scissors and then use a lighter/matches to seal the open end.

I'm not sure where you would be able to buy bags that small. Possibly from a restaurant supplier?

Edit - Buy straws or toothpicks in the cellophane wrapper from a website or local store and cut the end off. Then empty out the contents, fill it with what you want then reseal it.

Edit - Reminded me of an old job I had back in the late 90s. We got "paid by the piece". Fill the small bags with a napkin, plastic spoon, fork, butter knife, salt/pepper packet, seal the end and stack them in a box.

Usplastic has it all...not saying you will buy from them as shipping would hurt, but can probably find the bag you want so you can better source locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back