5 charts that show why gold belongs in your portfolio now . . .

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmetal

Supporting Member
Another fascinating read from Mining.com:
http://www.mining.com/web/5-charts-show-gold-belongs-portfolio-now/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-181015&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

As of this post, the Dow is up 414 points with Gold also up $1.40/ozt. Usually, with the market up this much, you would expect gold to be down.

Hmmmmmm . . . ? :eek:

James

You have to remember that all commodities are subject to manipulation and precious metals particularly gold heavily so, in my opinion trying to predict gold prices or stock prices is just like betting on the horses as we the general public are not in on any of the scams used but we pay the price while the bankers, bookies and stock brokers make their fortunes :eek:

nickvc said:
You have to remember that all commodities are subject to manipulation and precious metals particularly gold heavily so, in my opinion trying to predict gold prices or stock prices is just like betting on the horses as we the general public are not in on any of the scams used but we pay the price while the bankers, bookies and stock brokers make their fortunes :eek:

Very true, again.

However, by being aware of the manipulations, you can "ride" on their wake within the "turbulent and dirty waters of financial markets". Just like a dolphin hooking a free ride by riding the wake of an oil tanker. Rest for a while, then head for home and safety (gold and PMs).

I did that during the go-go years of the late 90's. I was a "swing trader". I would ride the peaks and bail when the "oil tanker" was heading for the trough of the wave. I never was a "day trader". Too much anxiety and playing with nebulous stocks at best.

Now, in my advancing years :shock:, I'd rather "swing" with PM recovery and refining. No matter how hard it is, or how little I do recover, it feels very warm and safe in my hand as I hold it.

James

Funny you should post this James.

This last two weeks Ive had many of my clients asked to be paid in metal rather than cash.

anachronism said:
Funny you should post this James.

This last two weeks Ive had many of my clients asked to be paid in metal rather than cash.

You have some smart clients, Jon.

This is from 3 days ago:

Hungary boosts gold reserves 10-fold, citing safety concerns:
http://www.mining.com/web/hungary-boosts-gold-reserves-10-fold-citing-safety-concerns/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-181016&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

Glad to see you're back! :D

James

Back