UK Regulations regarding poisons and explosive precursors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magu

Hello Folks
I'm a new member and having used the search facility several times i couldnt find out much info on the regulations that we in the UK actually have to deal with now so thought i'd post the link to the actual licensing procedure

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/licensing-for-home-users-of-explosives-precursors/licensing-for-home-users-of-poisons-and-explosive-precursors

As will become evident from reading the lists at the above link we are somewhat hampered in the UK regarding ownership of acids etc since this law came into effect.

Could someone make this perhaps a sticky somewhere so that folks from the UK can get the info they need should they be unaware of the regs ?...even attempting to purchase in the UK will be reported to various government agencies and it hasn't exactly been widely publicised so folks could inadvertently find themselves receiving unwanted attention from said agencies

Can I be blunt here, the regulations are over nitrates and nitric acid I’m guessing as I can’t be bothered to read the report, this is because certain people want to make large explosions using the same chemicals we need to refine or recover, there are work arounds posted on here to help those who wish for a peaceful life, it’s all here and free 8)

nickvc said:
Can I be blunt here, the regulations are over nitrates and nitric acid I’m guessing as I can’t be bothered to read the report, this is because certain people want to make large explosions using the same chemicals we need to refine or recover, there are work arounds posted on here to help those who wish for a peaceful life, it’s all here and free 8)

I never thought of it in those terms, but it is a very accurate description.

I cannot over state my disdain for stupid beurocrats that pass these worthless laws. The criminal will still be a criminal and break the law, be it buying on the black market or using a "work around" to accomplish his dastardly deeds. The honest, law abiding individual will either become a criminal buying something off the black market for peaceful purposes, or will engage in a "work around" which, in my opinion, is a dangerous procedure that he shouldn't have to engage in. The hatred for the beurocrats is being peacefully expressed in Trump and Brexit. They better listen before it gets ugly.
I thank God I live in the USA, at least for now.

If youre a registered buisness you dont need a licence as such. All you have to do is declare the use when you buy it. Never had any issues even tho my core buisness has nothing to do with refining.

As I understand it you can pay for a licence to use as an individual but I've not had any experience of that.

Otherwise everything is available on Ebay anyway if you know where to look. Unfortunately nitric is four times the price it should be.

Back