What did i find?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella polaris

Its not a good idea to have a Bicycle vaccation if u in to e-scrap... Passing an old closed industry With funkis architecture i just had to take a look. Broken Windows, grafitti, and junk. Suddelny i stepped on a pile of smashed junk. Two computers, beaten to real scrap, sticking out. One was a Epson PX-16 (Edit PX-4). Tho other was probablyan IBM machine of a model i can not find on the net.

Now i allways travell without a camera so i can not show a Picture.

It looked as the mother of all Laptops. Flipp out keyboart and flipp up screen. It was not a converter nor a portable model. Larger than would have been admitted as handluggage on a fligth. A foldable plastic handle to carry it with. Unfourtanly it was smashed up totally. Exept for the motherboard and the harddrive. To my supprice the board is in mint condition and the harddrive in good condition. ( the epsion Board had started to rust)

a intel 386 processor, 2 e-proms (P/N 65X1565) and a whopping 20 mb harddisk from IBM. Left to the processor is a extra slot for a small processor. Only printing on the card is ;
SYS CARD
IGH0254EA

Have tryed to search on the net but find nothing. Nither do i know were to search.

I took care of the Boards just in case it was a collector out there dying to get such one. But i am on Bicycle wacation and do not want to drag it around. If anyone have a Clue what it can be please say so before i rip of the processor and dump it in the NeXT e-Waste bin i pass.

Mystery solved!

It was an IBM P70. A pitty it was smashed. Even worse i did not take all parts :roll: Even the cables is up to good prices.

If any one here want a Complete motherboard With two memory sticks and a 20 mb harddisk let me know before i put it on e-bay.

Back