Pgms mixed with aluminum hydroxide

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaughlin79

So I dropped some pgms from a Solution with aluminum and even though I kept it acidic enough aluminum hydroxide formed. I don’t think this can be avoided,at least I’ve never had success.

But my question is if while your pgms are coming out of solution and mixing with the aluminum hydroxide,the aluminum hydroxide would basically be incapsulating the pgms,would redissolving the pgms prove troublesome since the HCl and chlorine gas would have no effect on dissolving the aluminum hydroxide that is covering the pgms?

I have read that aluminum hydroxide had been used as flocculant and probably for good reason ,bc it grabs Everything that happens to cross paths with it, so there has to be a way to refine it when it is in this mixed state?

What I have mixed with my aluminum hydroxide might not even be pgms but I don’t know what else it would be unless it’s rhodium and there really isn’t any at home solutions that are safe (none of messing with refining pgms is safe) so what would you do with this material? I do not want to just throw it out like a person ,not on here said to do.

Back