ups is the worst delivery carier existing, they are incompetent morons

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericrm

hi, just wanna share a once AGAIN a very crappy UPS delivery.
of course they charged me fee at the door exceding the value of the package but not only that this time the sender put a delicate (a stirring graphite rod) on top of box. those inconpetent morons at ups turned the box upside down and used it as a counting board . watch the pictures you will understandIMG_0626.JPGIMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPG

To play devil's advocate a second.

I understand you're angry but if the box was of the right size and the packing was right for the graphite rod it wouldn't have broken no matter the orientation of the box. Also how do you know UPS used it for those numbers? Edit yeah the writing is on top of the packing tape, but the rest I stand by.

It's a tad harsh to call out the courier although naturally I do understand your frustration- I just think it could have been avoided by the sender packaging correctly.

anachronism said:
To play devil's advocate a second.

I understand you're angry but if the box was of the right size and the packing was right for the graphite rod it wouldn't have broken no matter the orientation of the box. Also how do you know UPS used it for those numbers? Edit yeah the writing is on top of the packing tape, but the rest I stand by.

It's a tad harsh to call out the courier although naturally I do understand your frustration- I just think it could have been avoided by the sender packaging correctly.

I agree 100% with you Jon. Like many of us I get things shipped to me routinely. Many times something is broken inside the box. I get light fixtures sent to me as I am an electrician. These fixtures are packaged very poorly from the manufacturer, but that really isn't the problem. These fixtures are packaged this way because they are intended to be sold at places like Home Depot, Lowes and other retailers where a customer buys them and then brings them home in the trunk of their car. They are not intended for individual shipping without being packed into a larger box with loads of popcorn or other packing material surrounding them. Someone needs to educate the people who are selling these things online as to how to properly package and ship fragile items. That being said I do agree that the large shippers FedEx, UPS, USPS etal do tend to treat packages as though they are sand bags and not precious fragile items.

Dennis

I'm of the opinion that improper packaging is a calculated risk by the seller.

I can and have packaged fragile china to ship half way around the world, but it isn't cheap in terms of material or labor.

Meanwhile, I order something from Amazon Prime, or McMaster Carr, and it's in the box with a packing list to pad it.

I ordered an alternator a month ago...it came in a box with an sealed air "balloon". When I complained, they gave me a 20% discount. Since it was a used alternator worth maybe $3 in scrap...they still did ok.

Judging from the condition on that box, that carbon rod shouldn't have broken...that box should have been crushed in order to break it, if it were packed appropriately. All they needed to do was tape it to a piece of wood, then wrap it once in bubble wrap and throw it in a box. Done.

Exactly guys

Eric- don't mistake my OP as popping at you. Your valid angst 8) should be at the sender mate.

i totaly disagree with you but it is ok i am not impartial as i hate ups. bought a new laptop ,ended up with a hole the size of a fist in the companie box, bought hotplate and they charged me more than the hotplate value at my door, bought scrap and the box clealy had rounded corner and it was used for soccer ball. than i bought 2 curcible and a stir rod... stir rod broken package misstreated... i mean seriously what are the odds that im the only customer who has more crappy experience with ups than good. i am very doubtfull that im alone
and package was ok it was full of styrofoam everyting was bublewrapped
anyway this is just my opinion and experience
thanks for yours

I once bought a bottle of n-butyl mercaptan that leaked during in shipping with UPS. After some rather foul language the guy left thinking I was just to crazy to argue with. n-butyl mercaptan is better known as "skunk spray". And I bought the pure stuff...

ericrm said:
hi, just wanna share a once AGAIN a very crappy UPS delivery.
of course they charged me fee at the door exceding the value of the package but not only that this time the sender put a delicate (a stirring graphite rod) on top of box. those inconpetent morons at ups turned the box upside down and used it as a counting board . watch the pictures you will understandIMG_0626.JPGIMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPG

I 100% agree. Aside from breakage, they purposely falsify delivery attempts. I was, a few weeks ago, sitting in my home expecting a package in "on truck for delivery" status. Around 1700, while checking th status from my phone while on the couch 10 feet from my front door, the status went from out for delivery to "attempted delivery but no one home." This package did not require a signature and UPS has left numerous packages, on my porch, unattended in the recent past. Instead of delivering, the driver just lied about a delivery attempt causing me to have to wait over the weekend to receive it. By the way, this exact package was left the following Monday on my doorstep with no one home. I simply cannot respect a business that employs deceptive practices. I could go on with other examples but will stop here. Unfortunately, nothing can be done. I have attempted to contact customer service in the past to no avail.

Edit: add clarification action that I was home and waiting when UPS never came but claimed they did.

ericrm said:
i totaly disagree with you but it is ok i am not impartial as i hate ups.

Well that get's the balanced perspective out there in one! Haha, nothing like being straight up front, no problem at all.

If it helps- all couriers are a pain. Doesn't matter which one, all as bad as one another. All we try to do is minimise the problems by packing properly, then we have to get into less bun fights with them 8) 8) :lol:

Jon

As Jon said, they are all bad.
One has to pack like it is going to be air-dropped without parachute. And that does not always help :-(
I was sending a box from Asia with household stuff,
when my wife moved here.
There was a pamphlet that described in detail how it was supposed to be packed. And we followed it to the letter.
But when we delivered it to DHL,
they broke it open and sorted the content to check for illegal stuff, and repacked it.
Of course a few things was damaged when it arrived back home.
When we were there, one guy was sitting and checking a bunch of books for another customer. Each and every sheet was turned and checked.
Why give us directions on packing, if they are redoing everything anyway?
And of course there are plenty of films to show the disrespect they have for other peoples property.
The miracle is, that most of the time it goes well :-D

Back