Something is wrong with my AP solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davmeek20

Steve, I started last night by putting some cell phone boards into a bucket and placing HCI till it covered the boards i added very little peroxide 3% it turned green. This afternoon my solution is back to a clear stage, so i added a little more peroxide and the solution turned a cloudy golden yellow then went back to a clear stage after i mixed it up a little bit.

Also after i have filtered out my other buckets i have a brown seditment thats mixed with my foils that i cant get rid of any advice for me to get gold foils only. i also have a cloudy golden yellow liquid that hovers over my gold foils and brown sediment.

sOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_164913.jpg
    IMG_20191105_164913.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20191105_161804.jpg
    IMG_20191105_161804.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20191105_161845.jpg
    IMG_20191105_161845.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 59
Study the reactivity series of metals.

Your "Ap" is most likely not "Ap" any longer, you probably do not have any copper in solution, without copper in solution the "AP" is not "AP" but some other chloride salt.

Like the Fe stains on the gloves...

Well, I'm not Steve, but I'll make a couple of comments.

In your second picture, is that a bottle from a food product like V-8 juice or apple juice or something like that? If so, it's probably incompatible with the chemicals you're using.

Glad to see you're working outdoors and that you're wearing gloves. But is that your neighbors house I see behind you? That's a little closer than I'd feel comfortable with, especially if you don't have everything well secured to protect from any children or animals from getting into what you're doing.

You say you put some cell phone boards in a bucket. Were the boards depopulated, or were there still components on them? You started well by covering with HCl and very little peroxide, but you shouldn't have added more. The cloudiness was probably because you further oxidized something that was already in solution.

You have a brown sediment you can't get rid of. What have you tried?

Decant your cloudy liquid. Add water and mix. Allow it to settle. Decant again. Repeat as needed. Always test these solutions and rinses to make sure they contain no values.

Dave

Latest posts

Back