The prices are advancing...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickvc

Staff member
Well here we go, the experts have been projecting much higher PM prices for this year and for continued growth as the fiat money becomes less and less sustainable at its current rates in just about every currency with negative interest rates and quantitive easing all over the world, those holding paper gold may well get stung, thank god for the forum teaching how to get physical values 8)

Note that in the case of rhodium and palladium with such a low circulation, 2 people can fix the price between themselves

It's a daily habit to check kitco every morning...this morning it was "What in the actual ****"

I'm personally not a huge fan of skyrocketing prices. I like stability. Right now I feel rushed.

If you read the predictions and the reasons then maybe it all makes sense , I have a very a nasty feeling this is just the start and who knows when or where it will end.
As I said we are blessed here on the forum as we can collect values and see a profit in just about any currency, I just feel sorry for the silly beggars holding paper and not physical.

yeah, i've read all kinds of predictions...but all they do is make me second guess selling material, which i really shouldn't second guess. i make money on the flips, not on the market increases...all they do is mess with the accounting.

the effect of price increases just brings in a bunch of riff raff that will gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today

Sno if you have a decent working capital then the answer is to hold onto the gold or silver and only sell what you need to when you need to buy the next lot to flip, that way your stock of metals hopefully rises and any upturn allows that remaining stock of metals to gain the profit. If the pundits are right and I’m never really sure they are then you will be sitting pretty by holding metals rather than cash.

I keep most of my inventory in metals, usually unrefined. It's the best way to keep me from spending it foolishly.

But yes, still working on developing a solid amount of working cash. Amazed with what I've been able to do in a couple years with just ridiculous thriftyness...but still have a ways to go. What sucks is being all in, every second of every day.

Today will be interesting.

The next pandemic is starting to flex it's muscles, and future speculators are none too pleased.

Lino1406 said:
Note that in the case of rhodium and palladium with such a low circulation, 2 people can fix the price between themselves
Palladium went up $1843US plus Today. and Rhodium is at $11100 US. Scrap yards will be sharking headlight buckets.

AshesoftheUniverse said:
Lino1406 said:
Palladium went up $2400US plus Today. and Rhodium is at $11100 US. Scrap yards will be sharking headlight buckets.

That Kitco banner is broke.

If anyone needs some Rhodium, I have about .5TOZ of commercial Rhodium Chloride and about .5oz of recovered Rhodium metal. I can fire-up my recovery stream for Rh if there is a steady need.

Hi

Looks like PGM prices have dropped, I wonder how much of it is due to n-covid19 outbreaks.

anachronism said:
Gold's gone down as well now.

Listening to those at the sharp end of supplying physical you can’t buy gold or silver at these price, these are the quotes for paper gold and silver not physical delivery, could be crap they are talking but I think perhaps not, patience grasshopper the world is in a major upheaval and the value of paper is about to be fully tested.

Perhaps contact one of the major suppliers and ask for physical and the price that may answer a few questions.

nickvc said:
Perhaps contact one of the major suppliers and ask for physical and the price that may answer a few questions.

A lot of the major supplier don't have much silver. Either they don't want to sell at these prices, or they are really out of stock on a lot of items.

You can still buy, just not at spot.

I mean, JM has increased handling time and instituted a $299 minimum order.

And they are probably only losing $2/oz doing so, since they are selling it at a $3/oz premium.

Who knows if they are actually selling that much, or just trying to minimize nickel and dime sales...but I can't say I blame them either way. You don't make money buying high and selling low unless you have taxpayers.

One of the major reasons precious metals are dropping in price is that, in order to satisfy margin calls due to the drop in share prices, investors have to sell their precious metal holdings or lose their shares to the Banksters. A lot of funds are tied-up in paper as well, which compounds the problem.
This is what happens when investors are leveraged in paper and borrow large sums from the Banksters.
The prices will find a new level, once this is over. Cash is King at the moment. Those having the funds in reserve are going to be even wealthier soon.
This is one way the very rich get even richer. Sell high, buy low, sell high.......

Back