That feeling...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmk88

I need to get this off my chest... I can’t say it to “normal” people.... they won’t understand.

But does anyone else get that feeling watching gold solidify/precipitate? It’s like an arousal.... sorry if that’s inapt.. please don’t ban me... again. It’s like staring at the most beautiful woman in the world... and she’s staring back, no weirdness.

I have to like sit down for 10 minutes and let the feeling flush or I get all flustered.... it would be nice to know there’s others that feel this.

It’s at that moment I feel the bond formed between me and my gold... and decide to not sell it. It’s like the best first date repeated every time.

I enjoy watching material dissolve in acids. There's something about the bubbles and effervescence of it that I like. I would describe it more as a calming effect. Akin to a lava lamp maybe?

Yes I know exactly what you mean.

It’s very therapeutic.

I love that sight though of the fluffy beige “seaweed” as my wife calls it.

She then gets upset cos she says I never have that look on my face with her....

:lol:

Cementing silver, watching an electrolytic cell do its magic, melting gold, watching the magic Yes I think I know what you are talking about, I think I have that feeling too just do not tell my wife.

Dopamine. Nothing more. Decades ago, I used the effect to help me score higher on rifle requalification. Once I knew how to use the dopamine affect to my advantage, I never scored less than expert.

Funny you say that butcher... I am currently cementing all my silver out now! It is mesmerising.

Yes I think that’s it Galenrog... it’s pure dopamine. That’s a very interesting concept.

I was having exactly that feeling just before i read this thread. Cold dissolving some testresult powders and RAM foils. Can't stop staring and shaking.
Auric Chloride bubble tornado's :D

I’m glad I'm not the only one....

Martin I am going to post something in safety section. Would you mind having a look and commenting please?

Thanks in advance.

Would like to add while precipitation of palladium using DMG , watching the yellow precipitation &Travelling With pgm in your pocket to sell 😉feeling it

Back