Silver situation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylerb752

Ive been processing ic chips and finally got around to deal with my excess nitric beaker. I put in some silver and heated it up with no visible reaction. So i assumed there was no excess nitric. Then i put in copper to cement anything out. Got very little but some precipitate formed. So i was in the process of evaporating the liquid down some before i added it to my actual stockpot and accidently added some hcl. To my surprise i now have what looks like silver chloride in my evap container. So i added some hcl to the solution that still hadnt made it to my evap container and when i added it the hcl turned orange breifly and had some fumes before mixing with solution. Does this mean i still somehow have excess nitric?

What do i do now? Disolve silver to get rid of excess nitric in what now is an AR solution? Filter then add sulfamic to kill the excess nitric then deal with the silver chloride. Id rather not have to deal with ammonia if at all possible

Back