As gold nears $1900.00, could this be the big one?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversaddle1

Well, will the gold price top it's all time high in the next few days? $1900.00 is my sell point and I think I'm going to stick with it. But then that little voice........ :shock:

My sell point is $2k. Only have a bit over an ounce and close to 3 9's.
As soon as it's $2k, you will see it on here. :D :G

I would guess during these times with money printing presses running at full speed we will see new High peaks in the price of gold and silver, with $2,000.00 an ounce for gold $20.00 for an ounce ofsilver very possibly being the new low point on the scale.

I would hold onto some gold if, at all possible, I feel even the daily spot prices we see do not really reflect its true value, which we may not see until a further collapse of fiat, euro's, bitcoins, and digital money, and gold stock, or big company's stock or even harder times...

I will just buy the bread I need today with the money I can get today, and save the hard-earned gold, for the hard times when there is no money and we need the bread.

In my mind, the price of gold is always more than I can afford today, the selling price is always low compared to its true value, it is always so very hard to get, and easy to lose, it came from the ground and should stay buried there until it absolutely has to be used as a means of survival, at which times for me it has real value.

Seeing a few tiny flakes of gold in the pan after a long day of panning I do not see money or bread, but I can see the golds real value for me. it makes my heart beat strong, and is worth more than any dollars, I enjoy it and plant it back into the ground to let it grow for a rainy day...

As the price of goods and bread go up in price and the amount you can purchase with your dollar goes down, so does the spot price climb on these metals, so in a sense, the bread or commodities did not go up as much as the value of the dollar fell, the gold price is only reflecting the other commodities price or value...

If fiat collapses, your gold is worthless anyway. It's not like the world is going to stomach the collapse of modern currency and wealth then go back to trading silver pieces for bread.

Anyhow, what you just saw was an episode where the growth in the spot price of silver grew faster than the growth of the futures price.

So yes, things are heating up, and I wouldn't be surprised to see gold well above 19.

Lemme put it this way. I'm in a hurry to get my silver melted and sold. No such hurry exists for gold.

"If fiat collapses, your gold is worthless anyway. It's not like the world is going to stomach the collapse of modern currency and wealth then go back to trading silver pieces for bread."

Interesting conclusion. Care to elaborate? What is your theory about what will happen in the world if "fiat collapses"?

Firearms and what is needed to feed them are good items to get if you don't have them already. Prices are way up on those as well, like gold and silver, and availability is also a problem. If fiat collapses, self protection should be your number one concern.

jimdoc said:
Firearms and what is needed to feed them are good items to get if you don't have them already. Prices are way up on those as well, like gold and silver, and availability is also a problem. If fiat collapses, self protection should be your number one concern.

Firearms, ammunition are not a issue around here. That's very well covered.

Yep - I agree --- if you are not already invested - buy lead --- & as the saying goes - "keep your powder dry" :mrgreen: :twisted:

Kurt

glorycloud said:
"If fiat collapses, your gold is worthless anyway. It's not like the world is going to stomach the collapse of modern currency and wealth then go back to trading silver pieces for bread."

Interesting conclusion. Care to elaborate? What is your theory about what will happen in the world if "fiat collapses"?

I'd put a wager that 90% of the US doesn't know how to grow food. Game will be wiped out almost immediately. There will be no "coming together" of communities. We can't even wear masks to stop the spread of a disease without it being a political who's side are you on issue. Science means nothing. End of Fiat means the end of medicine. It means the end of big business. It means the end of the internet. The end of global economies.

So with 90% of the world needing food, and nothing to feed them with, it's going to devolve into chaos. I live on 2 acres in a tiny county....but i can assure you that should it hit the fan, one of my neighbors will skin me for my poultry.

My 350 lb neighbor who keeps to himself started in on a survivalist *I've got guns and ammo* kick one day when I returned some of his chickens that had escaped his pen and wandered in to my backyard. Don't know where he's going to get his blood pressure medication. If people used even an iota of the energy they waste on their fear of the unknown to better themselves in the present, we wouldn't have to worry so much.

Don't waste so much time on your survivalist romances where fiat is wiped out. Worry more about the end of the US dollar being king. That's coming soon. Already underway in fact.

The good thing is we live on 10 acres in the country as well. My wife works at the organic farm next to us. We have a garden, chickens, and have all the skills needed to raise our own food. We know how to can, preserve, and hunt. We can make power on a limited basis, and with a electronis recycling business, we have all kinds of equipment/wire/parts to build a turbine if needed. Solar will do, but options. I don't worry about end of world days too much. It won't happen.

Yeah, I wish I had more land, but honestly, with the amount of plants I already have, and have planned to pack in to my two acres, ten would be too much. Actually, I really want the neighbors empty lot just to put in a small orchard.

What I really need is a neighbor with horses....mostly because I want their crap. Two acres of sand...trying to build the soil as quick as I can.

I live in a 1950's subdivision in the country, where everyone has an acre on a dead end road. We all tend to get along well. Next year the kid will have a produce / egg stand, we've just been giving it away thus far. If I can figure out the squash vine borer. Little jerks killed all my pumpkins and are moving on to my squash.

What I'm working on right now is planting chicken food plots. We are up to 15 of the little ingrates. They eat a lot. So I'm trying to make a bunch of seed gardens, so I can just push the chickens from one place to another. The geese keep the lawn mowed. The ducks...well, they keep me entertained.

Too bad you are not closer snoman, I'd give you all the manure you could haul. Well, to the point of it's all cleaned up. We clean the dry lots, run in sheds once a year and the organic farms line up to haul it away. Good for us, good for the horses, good for the farms. All we ask is a little money for fuel or bring some with.

butcher said:
I would guess during these times with money printing presses running at full speed we will see new High peaks in the price of gold and silver, with $2,000.00 an ounce for gold $20.00 for an ounce ofsilver very possibly being the new low point on the scale.

I am going to start this post by saying I know it is against forum rules to talk politics

With that said - what happens with the price of PMs (gold, silver, PGMs) is going to depend on what happens with the elections this next November

Why do I say that ? --- because depending on the out come of this election is going to depend on what happens with the rate of inflation - & when the rate of inflation runs away the price/cost of ALL commodities (including PMs) the price/cost of commodities MUST keep pace (at least to a point) with the pace of the rate of inflation going up

There is only one party (& I don't need to say who they are) that is blatantly - openly - promising - to - DUMP - HUDGE - amounts of money into the economy - & as much as all the "free stuff' sounds good - the FACT of the matter is - the rate of inflation will run "rampant" - like has never before been seen

Printing press will not be able to keep up - you will not be able to put enough $100 dollar bills in your wallet to pay for anything so money will have to go all digital

I have been considering selling "some" of my gold & silver because I could make good money on it right now - even though it is likely to go up some more (at current rates) which over the next "few" months wont likely amount to a lot more

However - should our political leadership change come November - I believe - without a doubt - that gold & silver will take off (along with ALL other commodities) like a rocket on the way to the moon

That all said - please do NOT let this go to "personal" opinions of what you think about Democrats VS. Republicans - keep it in the context of how you may - or not - effect the price/cost of PMs &/or commodities

Kurt

I honestly don’t think the election will make much difference. The market is overbought, the economy is in the crapper, and we are in the early stages of a pandemic.

Commodities are going to shoot up either way. Silver will lag. Pd will depend on China. None of the rocketships will increase buying power, it’s all the failure of the dollar and the trillions the fed keeps dumping in to the market.

The election will determine what happens after the crash. The crash is coming either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silversaddle1 said:
Too bad you are not closer snoman, I'd give you all the manure you could haul. Well, to the point of it's all cleaned up. We clean the dry lots, run in sheds once a year and the organic farms line up to haul it away. Good for us, good for the horses, good for the farms. All we ask is a little money for fuel or bring some with.

Round here the well composted manure runs $50/yd from the nursery.

Pile it up throughout the year, rot it out well, and sell it by the trailer load dumped directly on someones garden in the spring.

snoman701 said:
I honestly don’t think the election will make much difference.

Really ??? --- & yet you also posted -----

it’s all the failure of the dollar and the trillions the fed keeps dumping in to the market.

And yes I agree - currently - as a result of the pandemic - the fed has "dumped" a few trillion into the market & that has devalued the dollar which has increased inflation --- example - here where I live groceries that a couple months ago cost me around $50 - $60 a week are now costing me $70 - $80 per week --- & thank god I have elk, deer, beef & pork in my freezer (because I hunt & "home butcher") other wise my grocery bill would be outrageous

So yes with just a few trillion being dumped into the economy - we are already seeing an increase in inflation due to devalue of the dollar - which in turn is causing the price/cost of commodities - including PMs to go up

Now - can you imagine the rate of inflation & the devalue of the dollar if the Dems take control & implement the so called "social programs" they "openly" say they intend to implement

I mean - really - think about it !!!

The green new deal - free higher education for ALL - free medical for ALL - increase of minimum wage to a so called "living wage" - topped of with a free check of $1,500 per month for low to mid income earners (in other words an increase in minimum wage plus a free check)

Now then - they have - "in fact" put a price tag on all that - of - "at least" - 90 trillion --- in other words - they are not going to dump a few trillion dollars - the trillions they "intend" to DUMP is HUDGE - which in turn means inflation & the devalue of the dollar will also be HUDGE

Reality check here - the "so called" living wage ($15 per hour) wont even come close to covering the inflation of the devalued dollar when they dump 90 trillion dollars to implement their plans/programs --- in fact that $15 per hour will be worth less then the current minimum wage

Again - really - think about it - the "few" trillion they have dumped has already devalued the dollar & increased inflation --- what do you think is going to happen to the value of the dollar & the inflation that goes along with it when they bump 90 trillion --- that $15/hour wage wont pay for your groceries - let alone rent/mortgage & utilities - AND - if you think taxing the rich to pay for all the "free stuff" will work - you are sadly mistaking how it works --- the rich (which are businesses) are going to "pass on" the HIGHER cost of doing business to the consumer causing inflation to increase even more & the value of the dollar to drop like a rock - you won't be able to put enough $100 dollar bills in your wallet to pay for anything

Therefore - I believe - without question - that what happens with this election is HUDGE

The crash is coming either way.

That "may" be true --- but can you imagine the "crash" if leadership changes (the Dems take control) & DUMP 90 trillion --- I mean really - think about it --- with the inflation & devalued dollar caused by the few trillion already dumped (only 6 trillion so far) what's going to happen if/when the Dems "intend" to dump 90 trillion - the cost (inflation) of ALL commodities will run rampant (including PMs)

Therefore - though I could sell my gold & silver & make fairly good money on it right now - I will wait & see what happens with this election - I am going to NEED it in order to off set the inflation caused by the devalued dollar if/when the Dems DUMP 90 trillion on us to implement there programs

Kurt

We are in a natural economic state of contraction that always follows growth. We now need investment in infrastructure to get more growth. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Right now we as a country need blood, but we all we have is a blazing dumpster full of rotten turnips. The past four years have gotten us nothing but the most politically polarizing leadership of my lifetime. There are no investments being made anywhere. The whole country is on fire, and people are fighting over whether to put out the fire, or just let it burn.

Frankly, we need a division of power throughout the house senate and executive branch, and the judicial needs to maintain it's balance so that the country sees progress, while seeing people of differing opinions work together with civility and humilty...two things this current administration completely lacks. That's what we were founded on, and I"ll support the founding philosophy, even with the possibility of the crash being a bit more brutal. The only way this country is going to survive is if we start working together. Leadership can bring us together, but this current administration only stokes the fires of division.

Gentlemen, you've crossed the line. This has now become a debate on politics, and you know that violates forum rules. If you two wish to continue your debate, take it to PM or some other venue, but do not continue this exchange on the open forum.

Dave

snoman701 said:
Leadership can bring us together, but this current administration only stokes the fires of division.

The fire of division was stoked long before this administration. It is being stoked by almost all in power. That is how they stay in power, including media, big tech, big business and others wanting to maintain power over the masses.

Back