Lazersteve's Guide to the Forum: Rough Draft Part 1

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazersteve

Staff member
All,

I've embarked on a mission to index the forum by subject matter. I worked out some flexible search criteria which will allow anyone to quickly retrieve all posts under a selected set of keywords. The search criteria are not perfected yet, but I will modify them as I get more time. I designed this to assist the members in finding all relative information to a given subject. I will be working on the links herein as time permits. If anyone has a suggested topic or link to add to this 'Guide' please PM me with your suggestions. This Guide will self evolve as the forum is updated by members. Here's what I've got so far:

You can click on all the subjects to get the search results pertaining to them.
  1. Safety Tips
  2. skullnbones_smallrev.jpg
    Acids
    skullnbones_smallrev.jpg
  3. Processing Methods

Continued in next post due to url limits.

Continued Part 2

Steve

toadie said:
Punctuation should be a minimum requirement.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. :? ?

Did I miss a punctuation mark somewhere?

The guide is meant to be in outline format. Should I add letters and numbers to the indexes instead of bullets?

Steve

The guide continually updates as posts are added since it's based on specific search criteria. I'll refine the criteria as time goes on and as more members give me feedback on how the programmed searches pin point their needs.

I'm glad you like it. I find myself using it for quick search results.

Steve

lazersteve said:
The guide continually updates as posts are added since it's based on specific search criteria. I'll refine the criteria as time goes on and as more members give me feedback on how the programmed searches pin point their needs.

Steve

Steve--amazing job. Thanks. Mike.

Hi Steve;

Great job, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I tried clicking on a number of these (links..?) but all I got back in all of them was the 'Search Window' and I would need to type in the keyword to get results.

Regardless, even if you had just assembled a group of 'keywords' with their sub-topics, it would still be immensely helpful.

Shaul

Obviously the recent format change to the forum has affected my search requests. I'll decifer the changes and get it fixed up.

Steve

I found that the forum search feature omits common words from the search string. When I tested the search string 'melting dish', the search function omits the word melting.

Perhaps Noxx can adjust this so the search strings are not modified by the system.

I'm looking into a work around using Google.

Steve

Back