value village score

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromancer

i scored these at the local value village store
(value village is like goodwill stores)

Attachments

• beaker 2.jpg
    beaker 2.jpg
    819.8 KB · Views: 622
  • beaker 1.jpg
    beaker 1.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 622
  • makeshift beaker 2.jpg
    makeshift beaker 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 622
  • makeshift beaker 1.jpg
    makeshift beaker 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 622
Yeah, I don't like the 'beaker' in pic 3 it doesn't appear to have a brand or volume graduations etc you usually see on a pyrex type borosilicate beaker. It could well be just soda lime glass. The espresso pot is likely a decent thing though.

its not a beaker. its a vase. i have several just like it. its ok to do some things, like precipitating gold. you couldnt heat it much without breakage. i do heat mine but its always in another container like a coffee pot.

thank you everyone, i will take extra care in using the beaker or test it first

i flicked the top of it and it has a very nice "ring" to it and thought it was not normal glass, testing will be the key !

thanks again

i have used the above glass vase/beaker many times. on a sand bed, it seems to be good glass.

and i picked up a 2 L pyrex measuring cup today & 3 of these P-89-B. 650 ml, 2 have lids ($5.99 each)

P-89-B.jpg

necromancer said:
i have used the above glass vase/beaker many times. on a sand bed, it seems to be good glass.

and i picked up a 2 L pyrex measuring cup today & 3 of these P-89-B. 650 ml, 2 have lids ($5.99 each)

I have a couple of those small Skillet pyroceram and love them. I use one as a safety catch on my small glass ware, and one for drying silver specifically. The first picture in the original post makes great little beakers with handles. I have one similar to it and it is very handy. I am still searching for a few more of them.

i am still using the vase / beaker almost 4 years now :)
thanks to everyone here & there knowledge sharing i will be using it for years to come.

Back