Emptying my sacks at Christmas

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anachronism

I love Christmas- I can take 2 weeks off and spend some quality time emptying my sacks and making some good gold without the phone ringing!

Here's a couple of them ready to empty and get processed. The right hand one is 31Kg (68.31 pounds) of close cut fingers- mostly telecoms. The left is 27Kg (59.53 pounds) of ceramic processors mostly telecoms.

I usually post up some form of competition at Christmas time so not being one to break with tradition let's have another.

Just for giggles of course! How much gold do you think I'll get?

Sack1.jpgSack 2.jpg

Well as you all know, I don't refine, but I'm gonna guess 6.5 troy ounces on the fingers. Ceramics is a crap shoot.

Cheers so that's 202.173 grammes on the fingers I am bid by the Silver gentleman!! -

Who's next or is the game too rich for the rest of ya'll? 8) 8) 8)

Merry merry my good men. I'm going to say 155 grams on the fingers and 143 on the processors. I hope you get way more my friend.

chuckgambale said:
Merry merry my good men. I'm going to say 155 grams on the fingers and 143 on the processors. I hope you get way more my friend.

I like your thinking there Chuck!

Wait...do you guys even have the Price is Right in GB? All the prices would be USD. That would be so much harder.

I just want to see more pretty bars! I guess while I'm here I will throw my hat in. (If I could actually find one large enough to fit my big ol head!)

118.18g on the fingers
186.74g on the procs
304.92g total

I hope you yield much more!

Thanks Ben

Funnily enough I think the fingers are more of a crap shoot than the processors. It's easy to put them down as the standard 4.0g - 4.5g per Kg however I've seen results on these where some come out at 9g per Kg from Telecoms so that's the part I'll be really interested to see. I've got pretty good data now on these batches of procs in this "mix" from multiple batches with good sample sizes like this over the last few years, so I have a figure in mind straight away.

Silversaddle took an enlightened punt on the fingers which put a smile on my face because I don't think he's a million miles away but we'll see :wink: I've been wrong before and of course I can and will be wrong again but that's the fun of this brainstorming. There are no losers when we have a giggle like this.

I promise some bar pics mate.

Jon

I based my guess on the fingers by four things. 1. The weight. 2. The image showing how well cut the fingers are. 3. The fact that most are from telecom. 4. A average of what 1 pound of good fingers will consistently sell for on Ebay. We'll see. :G :G :G :G :G :G .5

UncleBenBen said:
anachronism said:

Well I've only four days off for the holiday, but you can be sure I'll have some good pics from my local bar as well!

'Tis the season! :lol:

You show me bar pics with good background talent and I'll show you gold. :lol:

anachronism said:
UncleBenBen said:
anachronism said:

Well I've only four days off for the holiday, but you can be sure I'll have some good pics from my local bar as well!

'Tis the season! :lol:

You show me bar pics with good background talent and I'll show you gold. :lol:

Haha! If I can talk the wifey into it, you're on!! :lol:

I'll play! I take it the only prizes are fame and notoriety and the only entry costs are the risk of shame and disgrace.

171.0g on the fingers.
Not a clue on the processors. To throw in a number, make it the same as the fingers plus 10% GST = 188.1g.

Fingers= 85.31grams(in the hopes that i'm wrong and you got cleaner cut fingers in the bottom of the bag)
CPU's=at least 200+grams(if you would dump them out so we can see what kind,it would be a little easier)
Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

modtheworld44 said:
Fingers= 85.31grams(in the hopes that i'm wrong and you got cleaner cut fingers in the bottom of the bag)
CPU's=at least 200+grams(if you would dump them out so we can see what kind,it would be a little easier)
Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

If these finger come out at 2.752 grammes per Kg I'll pack up refining and knit gloves instead.

Back