Finally some time in the shop

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoman701

I've been wanting to spend time actually recovering and refining for a long time. Today I spent half the day.

First button is from gold filled, other two are e-scrap.

14 grams total.

33da5472a22e9d3a9bf8c1d322e146fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, me too! I finally got some free time too so I started building a new martingale for my horse!

What's amazing is I was able to clean off my bench so I could work on this project. It would scare me to find out how many 100's of thousands of dollars worth of equipment have been scrapped on that bench!

Attachments

• DSC01904.JPG
    DSC01904.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 208
silversaddle1 said:
Hey, me too! I finally got some free time too so I started building a new martingale for my horse!

What are the pretty square things called? I'm sure they must have a proper name.

Can I see the back of one? How do you attach to the leather? Rivets?

Even bigger question, when you've got the whole parade outfit, how do you keep it from tarnishing? I really want to see one in person...they are absolutely spectacular in pictures.

I had no clue such things existed until I was watching pawn stars and someone brought one in. Around here people mostly trail ride or your run of the mill 4h events, not a lot of parade dress.

Now that I'm really starting to get a handle on the basics I really want to start doing more metalwork. I used to love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back