Waffle

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autumnwillow

I tried to exceed my 250g limit per lot and this is what I got. This is a 330g bar processed on a 4L reaction vessel.
:G

Attachments

• 20180220_171225.jpg
    20180220_171225.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 206
Very nice looking gold. Even the flux on it is clean :D What was the source material? I'm guessing not e-scrap if you refined that much gold in a 4L vessel.

It looks really nice. Pop it in some warm dilute H2SO4 and get rid of that borax and it'll look even nicer. 8)

MGH said:
Very nice looking gold. Even the flux on it is clean :D What was the source material? I'm guessing not e-scrap if you refined that much gold in a 4L vessel.
Small scale miners gold

anachronism said:
It looks really nice. Pop it in some warm dilute H2SO4 and get rid of that borax and it'll look even nicer. 8)
I did. It was hard to remove the purple flux. I ended up wiping it off multiple times with soap and sponge.

autumnwillow said:
I did. It was hard to remove the purple flux. I ended up wiping it off multiple times with soap and sponge.

heat it for an extended time, after a good long while the borax will turn to a slime and the gold will be perfect (with no scuffs from a sponge :) )

Back