Someone once said.....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice clear solution! I can even see that your copy was written by G. M. Hoke. :lol:

I corrected a lot of stuff like that in the versions in my signature line.

Dave

Here is a shot 40 minutes after adding the SMB. I really wish I had videoed this drop.

IMG_0650.JPG

In that last photo, that exact blue color, totally void of yellow, at the top of the solution, always says that no gold remains in solution.

goldsilverpro said:
In that last photo, that exact blue color, totally void of yellow, at the top of the solution, always says that no gold remains in solution.

Thanks GSP, I didn't know that. And you are right, I tested the solution right after taking the picture and it tested negative.

UncleBenBen said:
Right on, Shark! Looking forward to seeing that nice shiny button (bar maybe?) :p :G

I am wishing I had a bar mold right now. Need to get it melted.

VERY nice Shark :!: :!: :!:

I am guessing that is the gold we were discussing you were going to be refining when we talked on the phone the other day

If so - looks like it went VERY well 8) :mrgreen:

Kurt

Wow :shock: The first picture looks like a glass of apple juice. Except that, apple juice isn't that clear.

That looks like an extremely clean drop, very nice work. :G

kurtak said:
VERY nice Shark :!: :!: :!:

I am guessing that is the gold we were discussing you were going to be refining when we talked on the phone the other day

If so - looks like it went VERY well 8) :mrgreen:

Kurt

Yes, that is it. Everything went as expected.
Thanks for the tip, I will be doing more that way from now on.

denim said:
So what was the original material?

About 40% was from once refined buttons that came from mixed electronic waste. The rest came from smaller lots of gold filled material. I have a batch of gold filled ready for AR now, but I am going to wait until I pick up tomorrows batch and see how it goes from there.

Here is the button, still having a hard time with getting a decent picture of it. Can someone explain the "hammered" shape and all the tiny cracks? I sure would have thought a pipe would appear first.

IMG_0665.JPG

Edit: Corrected spelling

Shark said:
Here is the button, still having a hard time with getting a decent picture of it.

Try taking the pic under different lighting conditions &/or from different angles --- I have "often" had to take "multiple" pics under different lighting &/or from different angles before getting an acceptable pic to post

Also different back grounds - though not always true a black back ground has more often the not worked best for me

Can someone explain the "hammered" shape and all the tiny cracks? I sure would have thought a pipe would appear first.

Did you do your melt in a clean dish/crucible ?

Did you let the melt solidify in the dish/crucible ?

Or was the melt poured to a mold ?

Try taking some more pics to see if you can get some better pics - its hard to tell anything under the current quality of the pic (due to above mentioned lighting conditions)

Kurt

Back