Another newbie

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebloomer

Hi all, my name is Gilbert from the Netherlands, but my internet nickname is Bluebloomer.

I work at a small computer repairshop for people with a handicap, like add autism etc. and together we do a decent job repairing computers for customers. We work with older hardware that breaks down very often, so I started to collect the broken hardware and took it home. Got a nice collection of PCI-cards, RAM sticks, Motherboards, IDE cable pins, CPU's and hard disks.

At the moment I am separating it all, all flatpacks, ram fingers, pci fingers, even the wires from the onboard and pci NICS are all put in their own jars untill I think there is a nice amount to work with.

I am not a chemist, and I do not intend to get rich of get fast and easy money because I realize it's a long and dirty process to get the gold and silver and convert it to cash.
Also I have a very very healty respect for the chemicals used in this process.

So far my dominant source has been Youtube but the information is so different per video, so I decided to joint here so I can get more accurate information so I can educate myself in the chemistry that's at work in recovering and refining the precious metals. I won't be asking obvious questions, and the basics seem clear to me it's just the devil that's in the details, and those details I hope to find here.

Bluebloomer.

Welcome Gilbert!

Take your time, collect some materials for processing, study (of course) so that you can safely and efficiently
achieve your goals and enjoy the journey. 8)

hallo,
pas erg op met salpeterzuur en chemicaliën in het algemeen.
mocht je hulp nodig hebben, ik weet er wel het een en ander vanaf, en ken talloze hulpvolle video's.
ook koop ik e-scrap. :)
mvg,
nick

Back