The wonders of the internet

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warranty repair

Hello people from little old Wales.

Isn't the internet age wonderful.... 30 years ago when I was a a child and use to go looking for little bits of scrap to make up my pocket money none of this internet thing existed and now I can converse with people from around the world who have been doing exactly the same thing as me all over the planet. I can only begin to wonder what I have thrown in the steel scrap bin over the years before realising the whole world of precious metal recovery exists. Things have certainly changed from the days of being able to take an old car battery in to the scrap yard and exchange it for enough money to buy a few sweets!

Anyway, old habits die hard and despite still being a hobby I cannot resist still picking up every bit of stuff I find whether it's still an old car battery (which are worth considerably more than they were back then) or in this new world an old computer.

The amount of information on this forum is a credit to the members and whilst I doubt I'll be doing any refining (don't have the time, space, knowledge or facilities at the moment) I'm always collecting bits and bobs so maybe I might be able to do a few deals with people based in the UK to offload my surplus bits if I ever collect a worthwhile amount!

Even if you do not plan to refine, the information of precious metals and scrap found on this forum can benefit you many ways financially, as well as giving you a good education on these subjects. It is well worth the time spent learning the values, where to find the metals in scrap, how to test...

butcher said:
Even if you do not plan to refine, the information of precious metals and scrap found on this forum can benefit you many ways financially, as well as giving you a good education on these subjects. It is well worth the time spent learning the values, where to find the metals in scrap, how to test...

I've already spent hours reading various threads. The amount of information is staggering and I have already saved a number of items that would otherwise have ended up thrown in with the steel.

It's all here. Everything you ever wanted to know about gold or silver. All you have to do is accept it as a gift. Don't make us do the work. Search for your answers.

Back